What's your idea of a good time?

• Thread starter Mépris
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Idea Time
In summary: I think I did OK.Generally, there's two categories, for the people my age that I know of. 1) Clubbing and getting drunk senseless2) Getting drunk senselessHate everything about clubbing, including "dancing", which is just a somewhat polite way to say "hey, let's go be idiots and shake our tushies". (I hope that's not a swear word) I also don't enjoy getting drunk senseless. I'm figuring what things I find fun and frankly, I'm out of ideas. There's erm, reading, video games, music, long walks and not much else I can think of. Either I
Having friends over for dinner and talk, then sipping wine while lying on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace while whispering sweet nothings with the woman of my dreams.

Most times, though, it's just getting together with friends.

Physics news on Phys.org
These days, it's mostly doing stuff outside and hanging with my wife and my dog. I can't stand to be around people who have strong fragrances in their clothing (Bounce, Downy, and detergent fragrances, etc) because the chemicals make me so sick with migraines, respiratory collapse, painful flare-ups of my arthritis, etc. Once you have spent a few days recovering from a single exposure like that, your idea of a "good time" gets changed pretty fast.

Can't sleep because you can't breathe, get out of bed because you feel that you should get out of bed (even though you are not rested), stumble through the day with crippling arthritis pain, just trying to function? Arise coughing and gagging from all the mucus that has accumulated in your sinuses and lungs? That's pretty much my regular day if I try to help neighbors build stuff or be around them to repair mechanics, etc.

My wife does her best to minimize my exposures, but she has to have a life, and I want her to be able to enjoy our neighbors' grand-kids and our youngest niece. She took them to see Puss in Boots today, and immediately stripped off her clothes and took a shower when she got home. It's all she can do, and it's still not enough to keep me from feeling ill. The migraines are bad, but the flared-up arthritis that lasts for days is a real pain. I love working outside, and it sucks to feel so old and crippled up.

Hiking for several hours up a challenging trail, and having my favorite lunch (PBJ :smile:) at the top, looking down at a beautiful view.

Anything that I'm not forced to do. Which means no homework and deadlines.

Reading some thrillers, learning something new in science, playing Battlefield 3, simply chatting with friends, blogging, watching The Simpsons...

Thank you for all the replies. :))

Just talking and laughing with friends and coming back home feeling good not feeling like I wasted my time.

<h2>1. What exactly do you mean by "a good time"?</h2><p>"A good time" can mean different things to different people. In general, it refers to an enjoyable and fulfilling experience, whether it be through activities, events, or social interactions.</p><h2>2. Is there a universal definition of "a good time"?</h2><p>No, there is no one-size-fits-all definition of "a good time." What may be enjoyable for one person may not be for another. It is subjective and can vary based on individual preferences and interests.</p><h2>3. Can a good time be measured or quantified?</h2><p>There is no specific way to measure or quantify "a good time." It is a subjective experience and cannot be objectively measured. What may be a good time for one person may not be for another.</p><h2>4. How can I have a good time if I don't have much money?</h2><p>Having a good time does not necessarily require spending a lot of money. There are many inexpensive or free activities that can bring joy and fulfillment, such as spending time with loved ones, going for a walk, or trying a new hobby.</p><h2>5. Is it important to have a good time in life?</h2><p>Having a good time can contribute to overall happiness and well-being, but it is not the only important aspect of life. It is important to find a balance and prioritize different aspects of life, such as relationships, personal growth, and responsibilities, in addition to having a good time.</p>

1. What exactly do you mean by "a good time"?

"A good time" can mean different things to different people. In general, it refers to an enjoyable and fulfilling experience, whether it be through activities, events, or social interactions.

2. Is there a universal definition of "a good time"?

No, there is no one-size-fits-all definition of "a good time." What may be enjoyable for one person may not be for another. It is subjective and can vary based on individual preferences and interests.

3. Can a good time be measured or quantified?

There is no specific way to measure or quantify "a good time." It is a subjective experience and cannot be objectively measured. What may be a good time for one person may not be for another.

4. How can I have a good time if I don't have much money?

Having a good time does not necessarily require spending a lot of money. There are many inexpensive or free activities that can bring joy and fulfillment, such as spending time with loved ones, going for a walk, or trying a new hobby.

5. Is it important to have a good time in life?

Having a good time can contribute to overall happiness and well-being, but it is not the only important aspect of life. It is important to find a balance and prioritize different aspects of life, such as relationships, personal growth, and responsibilities, in addition to having a good time.