What's your opinion about Robert Kiyosaki's books?

• Thread starter Grands
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books
In summary, Robert Kiyosaki's books may not be worth the price, as there are many websites that claim his programs are scams and his advice may be fraudulent or illegal. Additionally, his company went bankrupt in 2012. It may be more beneficial to seek out other credible and free sources for financial advice.
Grands
I found Robert Kiyosaki books in the library and online, I just read some pages of them, what's your opinion about this author?

Are his books worth the price ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Grands said:
Does his books worth the price ?
Probably not, if you believe the number of web sites saying that his programs are scams, and the advice he gives is fraudulent and/or illegal.

I've never heard of the guy before, so I did a web search on his name. Third in the list of suggested search strings is "robert kiyosaki scam". Check this one - http://www.scamsgalore.com/robert-kiyosaki.html. It mentions that his company went bankrupt in 2012, not a good sign for someone who makes a living advising people how to get rich.

Aren't you able to do a web search on your own?

Likes newbz and Grands
Grands said:
Are his books worth the price ?
The price of a library card? Looks to be mostly a showman. A kind of late night infomercial type. Stick to better and free sources like Investopedia, US News Money, Forbes, Wisebread, Bankrate...

Likes Grands

1. What is your overall opinion about Robert Kiyosaki's books?

I think Robert Kiyosaki's books offer valuable insights and perspectives on personal finance and investing. However, I also believe that his ideas should be taken with a critical mindset and not blindly followed.

2. Do you think Robert Kiyosaki's books are helpful for people who want to improve their financial situation?

Yes, I do think his books can be helpful for people who are looking to improve their financial situation. Kiyosaki's concepts, such as the cash flow quadrant and the importance of financial education, can provide a new way of thinking about money management.

3. Are there any potential drawbacks to following Robert Kiyosaki's advice from his books?

While his ideas can be useful, it's important to remember that everyone's financial situation is different and what works for one person may not work for another. It's also important to do your own research and not rely solely on one author's perspective.

4. How do Robert Kiyosaki's books compare to other personal finance books?

Kiyosaki's books stand out for their straightforward and relatable writing style, making complex financial concepts easier to understand. However, there are also other great personal finance books out there that offer valuable insights and strategies.

5. Are there any specific books by Robert Kiyosaki that you would recommend?

I would recommend "Rich Dad Poor Dad" as it is Kiyosaki's most well-known book and provides a solid introduction to his ideas. "Cashflow Quadrant" and "Rich Dad's Guide to Investing" are also worth reading for a deeper understanding of Kiyosaki's philosophy on wealth building.