What's your personality? color quiz

In summary, the conversation discusses two different personality tests - one on the website ColorQuiz.com and the other in a book. The person prefers the ColorQuiz.com test and believes it is more accurate and detailed. They also discuss the accuracy of their results and their desired objectives and actual problems.
moose
I like this test
http://www.colorquiz.com/
Much more than the one you linked to.

Physics news on Phys.org
moose said:
I like this test
Much more than the one you linked to.
That goes into the detail contained in the book.

This is me :bugeye: So true!

Your Existing Situation

Relatively inactive and in a static condition, while conflict of one sort or another prevents peace of mind. Unable to achieve relationships of the desired degree of mutual affection and understanding.

Your Stress Sources

Seeks independence and freedom from any restriction and therefore avoids obligations or anything which might prove hampering. She is being subjected to considerable pressure and wants to escape from it so that she can obtain what she needs, but tends to lack the necessary strength of purpose to succeed in this.

Your Restrained Characteristics

Clings to her belief that her hopes and ideas are realistic, but needs encouragement and reassurance. Applies very exacting standards to her choice of a partner and wants guarantees against loss or disappointment.

Feels trapped in a distressing or uncomfortable situation and seeking some way of gaining relief. Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity providing no turmoil or emotional agitation is involved.

Your Desired Objective

Longs for sensitive and sympathetic understanding and wants to protect herself against argument, conflict, or any exhausting stresses.

Your Actual Problem

Seeks to avoid criticism and to prevent restriction of her freedom to act, and to decide for herself by the exercise of great personal charm in her dealings with others.

Your Actual Problem #2

The tensions induced by trying to cope with conditions which are really beyond her capabilities, or reserves of strength, have led to considerable anxiety and a sense of personal (but unadmitted) inadequacy. She attempts to escape into a substitute world in which things are more nearly as she desires them to be.

rewebster said:
so, do you 'feel' that your answers are fairly accurate?
Take Moose's test, it is like what is in the book, much more in depth.

Free personality analysis from ColorQuiz.com.
Generated on Fri Dec 21 19:31:08 2007.

Your Existing Situation

Hopes to obtain an improved position and greater prestige, so that he can procure for himself more of the things he has had to do without.

Your Stress Sources

Sensitive and impressionable, prone to absorbing enthusiasms. Seeks an idealized--but so far unfulfilled--situation in which he can share with another a complete accord and mutual depth of understanding. Feels there is a risk of being exploited if he is too ready to trust others and therefore demands proof of their sincerity. Needs to know exactly where he stands in relationships.

Circumstances are such that he feels forced to compromise for the time being if he is to avoid being cut off from affection or from full participation.<P>Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity but restless and inclined to be emotionally withdrawn, which prevents him from becoming deeply involved.<P>

Your Desired Objective

Intense, vital, and animated, taking a delight in action. Activity is directed towards success or conquest and there is a desire to live life to the fullest.

Your Actual Problem

Wants to act freely and uninhibitedly, but is restrained by his need to have things on a rational, consistent, and clearly-defined basis.

Your Actual Problem #2

Fights against restriction or limitation, and insists on developing freely as a result of his own efforts.

Thank you for using http://www.ColorQuiz.com/
Please recommend us to your friends.

So, do you feel that's right or wrong?

existing situation: Imaginative and sensitive; seeking an outlet for these qualities--especially in the company of someone equally sensitive. Interest and enthusiasm are readily aroused by the unusual or the adventurous.

stress sources: Wants to overcome a feeling of emptiness and to bridge the gap which he feels separates himself from others. Anxious to experience life in all its aspects, to explore all its possibilities, and to live it to the fullest. He therefore resents any restriction or limitation being imposed on him and insists on being free and unhampered.

restrained characteristics: Believes that he is not receiving his share--that he is neither properly understood nor adequately appreciated. Feels that he is being compelled to conform, and close relationships leave him without any sense of emotional involvement. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense. Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity but tends to hold aloof emotionally.

desired objective: Seeks success, stimulation, and a life full of experience. Wants to develop freely and to shake off the shackles of self-doubt, to win, and to live intensely. Likes contacts with others and is enthusiastic by nature. Receptive to anything new, modern, or intriguing; has many interests and wants to expand his fields of activity. Optimistic about the future.

actual problem: Fights against restriction or limitation, and insists on developing freely as a result of his own efforts.

actual problem #2: The fear that he might be prevented from achieving the things he wants leads him to play his part with an urgent and hectic intensity.

fourier jr said:
existing situation: Imaginative and sensitive; seeking an outlet for these qualities--especially in the company of someone equally sensitive. Interest and enthusiasm are readily aroused by the unusual or the adventurous.

stress sources: Wants to overcome a feeling of emptiness and to bridge the gap which he feels separates himself from others. Anxious to experience life in all its aspects, to explore all its possibilities, and to live it to the fullest. He therefore resents any restriction or limitation being imposed on him and insists on being free and unhampered.

restrained characteristics: Believes that he is not receiving his share--that he is neither properly understood nor adequately appreciated. Feels that he is being compelled to conform, and close relationships leave him without any sense of emotional involvement. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense. Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity but tends to hold aloof emotionally.

desired objective: Seeks success, stimulation, and a life full of experience. Wants to develop freely and to shake off the shackles of self-doubt, to win, and to live intensely. Likes contacts with others and is enthusiastic by nature. Receptive to anything new, modern, or intriguing; has many interests and wants to expand his fields of activity. Optimistic about the future.

actual problem: Fights against restriction or limitation, and insists on developing freely as a result of his own efforts.

actual problem #2: The fear that he might be prevented from achieving the things he wants leads him to play his part with an urgent and hectic intensity.
You've got pretty darned good results!

Evo said:

To be as self-objective as possible --yes

And---from what you say/type here on the forum, from my perspective, yours isn't too far off either.

I especially got a chuckle out of:

"She attempts to escape into a substitute world in which things are more nearly as she desires them to be."

Last edited:
rewebster said:

And---from what you say/type here on the forum, from my prespective, yours isn't too far off either.

I especially got a chuckle out of:

"She attempts to escape into a substitute world in which things are more nearly as she desires them to be."
:grumpy: Yeah, they didn't have to be that honest.

Evo said:
rewebster said:
Ok... So, right or wrong? :biggrin:

Evo said:
:grumpy: Yeah, they didn't have to be that honest.

Isn't that part of your 'character' referenced in the results? here:

"Seeks to avoid criticism ... "

Evo said:
Ok... So, right or wrong? :biggrin:
I thought 'yes' meant 'right'---so, I'll say 'not wrong'

Last edited:
Cyrus said:
Where did you read this? I am totally lost in this tread! It seems people are going off on wild tangents :confused:
Take this test.

mine said Sensuous. Inclined to luxuriate in things which give gratification to the senses, but rejects anything tasteless, vulgar, or coarse.

Imaginative and sensitive; seeking an outlet for these qualities--especially in the company of someone equally sensitive. Interest and enthusiasm are readily aroused by the unusual or the adventurous.

-Sounds true.

We need some more full read-out of some others --especially the more 'psychologically' challenged members

POST NOW--and we'll send 10 grains of rice to someplace for someone

Last edited:
rewebster said:
We need some more full read-out of some others --especially the more 'psychologically' challenged members

:biggrin:

Perhaps they *are* taking the test, but afraid to reveal the results? Perhaps, I'll spilt this into a color quiz thread.

Your Existing Situation
Sensitive and understanding but under some strain; needs to unwind in the company of someone close to him.

Your Stress Sources
Wants freedom to follow his own convictions and principles, to achieve respect as an individual in his own right. Desires to avail himself of every possible opportunity without having to submit to limitations or restrictions.

The situation is preventing him from establishing himself, but he feels he must make the best of things as they are.

Thats true.

Becomes distressed when his needs or desires are misunderstood and feels that he has no one to turn to or rely on. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense. Your Desired Objective
Hopes that ties of affection and good-fellowship will bring release and contentment. His own need for approval makes him ready to be of help to others and in exchange he wants warmth and understanding. Open to new ideas and possibilities which he hopes will prove fruitful and interesting.

Your Actual Problem
Feels restricted and prevented from progressing; seeking a solution which will remove these limitations.
Your Actual Problem #2
Feels insufficiently valued in his existing situation, and is seeking different conditions in which he will have greater opportunity of demonstrating his worth.

Me sensitive. LOL

Last edited:
Evo said:
:biggrin:

Perhaps they *are* taking the test, but afraid to reveal the results? Perhaps, I'll spilt this into a color quiz thread.

I was hoping another brave soul (besides we two) would post the full results!

split it?---hmm--nay

--------------
wolram--what do you think about the results?

Wow Wolram, from your posts here, that sounds like your job situation.

Too late rew, it was too easy to split it.

Last edited:
About 90% accurate, but would others agree?

wolram said:
About 90% accurate, but would others agree?

I would agree, but, then, its my choice of the '10% wrong' is.

Your Existing Situation

Sensitive; needs esthetic surroundings, or an equally sensitive and understanding partner with whom to share a warm intimacy.

Then the browser exits the page. Hmmmmm!

I am really amazed. I'll have to start this as a chain on myspace, because it is actually really accurate. And my results were...

Your Existing Situation
Sensitive and understanding but under some strain; needs to unwind in the company of someone close to him.

Your Stress Sources
Wants a partner with whom he can share fully in an atmosphere of cloudless serenity, but his compulsion to demonstrate his individuality leads him to adopt a critical and demanding attitude. This introduces discord and leads to alternating periods of drawing closer and drawing apart, so that the ideal state he desires is not allowed to develop. Despite the urge to gratify his natural desires, he imposes a considerable self-restraint on his instincts in the belief that this demonstrates his superiority and raises him above the common herd. Discerning, critical and particular, having taste and discrimination. These qualities, combined with his tendency to judge things for himself and to express his opinions with authority. He enjoys the original, the ingenious and the subtle, striving to ally himself with others of similar taste who can help him in his intellectual unfolding. Desires admiration and the esteem of others.

Circumstances are such that he feels forced to compromise for the time being if he is to avoid being cut off from affection or from full participation.

Wants to broaden his fields of activity and insists that his hopes and ideas are realistic. Distressed by the fear that he may be prevented from doing what he wants; needs both peaceful conditions and quiet reassurance to restore his confidence.

Your Desired Objective
Wants to make a favorable impression and be recognized. Needs to feel appreciated and admired. Sensitive and easily hurt if no notice is taken of him or if he is not given adequate acknowledgment.

Your Actual Problem
Needs to be valued and respected as an exceptional individual, in order to increase his self-esteem and his feeling of personal worth. Resists mediocrity and sets himself high standards.

Your Actual Problem #2
Works to strengthen his position and bolster his self-esteem by examining his own accomplishments (and those of others) with critical appraisal and scientific discrimination. Insists on having things clear-cut and unequivocal.

Mine was quite accurate as well.

-------------
Your Existing Situation

Impulsive and irritable. His desires, and the actions involved, are paramount, with insufficient consideration being given to their consequences. This leads to, or arises from, stress and conflict.

Your Stress Sources

Wishes to be independent, unhampered, and free from any limitation or restriction, other than those which he imposes of himself or by his own choice and decision.

The situation is preventing him from establishing himself, but he feels he must make the best of things as they are.

Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity but restless and inclined to be emotionally withdrawn, which prevents him from becoming deeply involved.

Your Desired Objective

Over-imaginative and given to fantasy or day-dreaming. Longs for interesting and exciting things to happen and wants to be admired for him charm.

Your Actual Problem

Feels restricted and prevented from progressing; seeking a solution which will remove these limitations.
------------------

My situation: I graduate in a few months, and I can't wait to find a nice job, leave my parents house, and be out on my own in a new (big) city. I have been spending a large amount of time preparing for the first actuarial exam, and learning some computer skills, and just got some temporary work. Once the next semester starts I will be incredibly busy. I would say the restricted part is dead on: I live at home, have little money, and am trying to save to move out, so I am basically trying to do and spend nothing. I feel that I have to just wait out the next 5 or 6 months and then I'm free (in a sense) :smile:

Ah the old http://www.viewzone.com/luscher.html" . But truncated.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC426913 said:
Ah the old http://www.viewzone.com/luscher.html" . But truncated.
This version must use pop ups, which don't work since I have a pop up blocker. In other words, it doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Existing Situation
Orderly, methodical, and self-contained. Needs the respect, recognition, and understanding of those close to him.

Your Stress Sources
Strives for straight-forward relationships, founded on mutual trust and understanding. Wishes to act only in conformity with his own convictions. Demands freedom to make his own decisions without being subjected to interference, outside influence, or the necessity of making compromises.

Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense.
Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity.

Your Desired Objective
His need to feel more causative and to have a wider sphere of influence makes him restless and he is driven by his desires and hopes. May try to spread his activities over too wide a field.

Your Actual Problem

Your Actual Problem #2
Intensely critical of the existing conditions which he feels are disorganized or insufficiently clear-cut. Is therefore seeking some solution which will clarify the situation and introduce a more acceptable degree of order and method.

Evo, try the version for older computers, I have Firefox's built-in popup blocker and it did just fine, so maybe its your PC.

binzing said:
Evo, try the version for older computers, I have Firefox's built-in popup blocker and it did just fine, so maybe its your PC.
No, it's the blocking I have selected, I could let it through, but I don't want to. The version in the OP is fine for me.

Your Existing Situation
Volatile and outgoing. Needs to feel that events are developing along desired lines, otherwise irritation can lead to changeability or superficial activities.

Your Stress Sources
An existing situation is unsatisfactory but she feels unable to change it without cooperation :biggrin:; the need for understanding, for affectionate give-and-take remains unfulfilled. This not only depresses her but makes her irritable and impatient, producing restlessness and the urge to get away from the situation, either actually or, at least, mentally. Ability to concentrate may suffer

Feels she is receiving less than her share :frown:, but that she will have to conform and make the best of her situation :bugeye:.
Feels that things stand in her way, that circumstances are forcing her to compromise and forgo some pleasures for the time being.

Your Desired Objective
Seeks freedom from problems and a secure state of physical ease in which to relax and recover.

Your Actual Problem
Anxiety and a restless dissatisfaction, either with circumstances or with unfulfilled emotional needs, have produced considerable stress. She tries to escape from these into a conflict-free security in which she can relax and recover

Your Actual Problem #2
Wishes to safeguard herself against criticism and to entrench herself in a stable and secure position; but is herself inclined to be critical of others and difficult to please.

How pathetic am I?:cry:

Not at all, it's saying that you have some obstacles to overcome and are protecting yourself while working through them. We each work through things in our own ways, which is what makes us interesting.

interesting... I see

rewebster said:

ok, here you go.

Your Existing Situation
Works well in cooperation with others but is disinclined to take the leading role. Needs a personal life of mutual understanding and freedom from discord.

Your Stress Sources
Has an unsatisfied need to ally himself with others whose standards are as high as his own, and to stand out from the herd. This desire for preeminence isolates him and inhibits his readiness to give himself freely. While he wants to surrender and let himself go, he regards this as a weakness which must be resisted. This self-restraint, he feels, will lift him above the rank and file and ensure recognition as a unique and distinctive personality.

Feels he is receiving less than his share, but that he will have to conform and make the best of his situation.
Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense. Sensitive and sentimental, but conceals this from all except those very close to him.

Your Desired Objective
Tries to escape from his problems, difficulties, and tensions by abrupt, headstrong, and ill-considered decisions. Desperately seeking a way to escape, and there is danger of reckless behavior to the point of self-destruction.

Your Actual Problem
The need for esteem--for the chance to play some outstanding part and make a name for himself--has become imperative. He reacts by insisting on being the center of attention, and refuses to play an impersonal or minor role.

So, sounds like you, doesn't sound like you?

This is mine BTW, just for clarification.

Your Existing Situation
Active, but feels that insufficient progress or reward is being made for the effort exerted.

Your Stress Sources
Sensitive, and susceptible to gentleness and delicacy of feeling, with a desire to blend into some sort of mystic fusion of erotic harmony. However, this desire remains unsatisfied due to the lack of a suitable partner or adverse conditions, and he keeps a strict and watchful control on his emotional relationships as he needs to know precisely where he stands. Is fastidious, esthetic, and has a cultured taste which allows him to form and express his own taste and judgment, especially in the fields of art and artistic creativity. Strives to ally with others who can assist him in his intellectual or artistic growth.

Feels that he cannot do much about his existing problems and difficulties and that he must make the best of things as they are. Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity.
Circumstances are such that he feels forced to compromise for the time being if he is to avoid being cut off from affection or from full participation.

Your Desired Objective
Hopes that ties of affection and good-fellowship will bring release and contentment. His own need for approval makes him ready to be of help to others and in exchange he wants warmth and understanding. Open to new ideas and possibilities which he hopes will prove fruitful and interesting.

Your Actual Problem
Intensely critical of the existing conditions which he feels are disorganized or insufficiently clear-cut. Is therefore seeking some solution which will clarify the situation and introduce a more acceptable degree of order and method.

Your Actual Problem #2
Feels insufficiently valued in his existing situation, and is seeking different conditions in which he will have greater opportunity of demonstrating his worth.

I don't know what to say. I like the 'mystic fusion of erotic harmony' bit.

Last edited: