My Religion: A Skeptical Christian's Perspective

• Thread starter Zygotic Embryo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Religion
In summary, there is a discussion about whether or not religious posts are allowed on the forum. Some members express their skepticism towards religion and others share their personal beliefs. There is a mention of a negative experience with a religious thread in the past. Ultimately, it is stated that religious posts are not allowed on the forum and the thread is locked.
Zygotic Embryo
and don't say science :)

I myself, am a christian, but am skeptical with all these theory's.

Physics news on Phys.org
None whatsoever.

ISn't religious posts not allowed in this forum anymore? :confused:

Bladibla said:
ISn't religious posts not allowed in this forum anymore? :confused:
My post wasn't religious at all..

Oh, I am sorry If it's not allowed.

I was just doing a survey

excuse my ignorance

I think Evo (the mentor at GD) will find it quite okay, as long as the thread doesn't degenerate into a flame war thing.

Hides my gods&angels-blaster from Evo's sight...

Are religious threads banned because they degenerate or is there an informal hatred of religion on this forum.

Bad experiences with it; take a look at:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=15840

I think my religious belief is best described by this lyric:
"On my deathbead I will pray to the gods and the angels, like a pagan, to anyone who will take me to heaven." (Audioslave- Like a Stone.)

I don't so much believe in a higher power as I do wish for one. I do hope that there is a god or gods that could watch over me and see me into eternal life when I die, but I have trouble finding the faith to believe that there is.

matthyaouw said:
I don't so much believe in a higher power as I do wish for one. I do hope that there is a god or gods that could watch over me and see me into eternal life when I die, but I have trouble finding the faith to believe that there is.
I thinkthat if such creatures existed, they would be about as friendly towards us as Nyarlathotep&Chtulhu..

I believe in helicopters.

brewnog said:
I believe in helicopters.

I dont. I also don't believe in vynil, pop music, or starbucks.

I'm a christian.

Nihilist...

Mostly Atheist

Like was said by several posters: Religious posts are not allowed on PF. While a simple poll might start out innocently, threads like this very often degenerate into flamewars when someone with strong beliefs to either side starts preaching.

I'm going to lock this thread.

Sorry folks.

1. What is the main premise of your book, "My Religion: A Skeptical Christian's Perspective"?

The main premise of my book is to explore the intersection of faith and skepticism in Christianity. I examine my own doubts and questions about my religion, while also presenting evidence and arguments for the existence of God and the validity of Christian beliefs.

2. Why did you choose to write from a skeptical perspective as a Christian?

I chose to write from a skeptical perspective because I believe it is important to critically examine our beliefs and not simply accept them without question. As a Christian, I also wanted to address common doubts and objections that others may have about the religion.

3. What makes your book different from other books on religion and skepticism?

My book combines personal experiences and reflections with research and analysis. I also strive to present a balanced perspective, acknowledging both the strengths and weaknesses of Christianity and skepticism.

4. How did your own faith journey influence the writing of this book?

As someone who has struggled with doubts and questions about my religion, my faith journey played a significant role in the writing of this book. It allowed me to approach the topic with empathy and understanding, while also constantly examining and re-evaluating my own beliefs.

5. What do you hope readers will take away from "My Religion: A Skeptical Christian's Perspective"?

My hope is that readers will be encouraged to critically examine their own beliefs and find a deeper understanding and appreciation for the complexities of faith and skepticism. I also hope to foster open and respectful dialogue between those with differing beliefs.