What's Your Sun Sign? Share Your Zodiac Placement!

• Thread starter 0TheSwerve0
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sign Sun
In summary, a conversation took place about making a poll including each astrological sign, but it was anticipated that there would be an absence of Taurus and Capricorn. Participants shared their signs and discussed the potential reasons for the expected absence of certain signs. There was also a brief discussion about the characteristics of each element - air, water, fire, and earth - and how they may be represented in the forum's members. Overall, the conversation was lighthearted and focused on astrological beliefs and personalities.

What's your sign?

• Fire (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius)

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Earth (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn)

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Air (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius)

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Water (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces)

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
0TheSwerve0
I was going to make a poll including each sign, but there are only 10 options.
Just post your sign (and Moon's sign or Ascendant if you know it).
The only thing I'd anticipate is an absence of Taurus and Capricorn.
Unsure, born on the cusp? Be sure
Sagittarius (Aquarius Moon)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!

I clicked the wrong one :cry:

Or rather it changed my vote to the wrong one...

I call fraud! This election is invalid! I demand a recount because the one i support isn't winning... oh, wait...

I'm a scorpio, but have never quite understood why it's considered a water sign considering the only scorpions I know about all live in the desert far from water. Hardly seems good company for a crab and a fish.

Pisces for me.

This isn't some sort of pick up line, is it?

Pisces sun, Leo moon.

I wonder why you predict an absense of Taurus and Capricorn. I think Evo is a Taurus and Tom is a Capricorn.

Moonbear said:
I'm a scorpio, but have never quite understood why it's considered a water sign considering the only scorpions I know about all live in the desert far from water. Hardly seems good company for a crab and a fish.

Remember that crack about eating vegetarians, well once we get you in the water . . .

Sagittarius, Virgo Moon

Not a total absence, just a lower number. I kind of want to say the same about Cancer.

0TheSwerve0 said:
Not a total absence, just a lower number. I kind of want to say the same about Cancer.

Yes, but why?

Air signs are concerned with communication and are most comfortable in the realm of abstract ideas and concepts, symbols, and communication. I'd expect a lot of air signs simply because of that. Air signs are social as well.

Water signs are also concerned with communication but they communicate and experience ideas through emotions. Water signs seek to connect on deep, transformation levels that air would never consider exploring. I would expect water signs since you can connect with people and universal ideas on this forum.
*I don't expect Cancers. I guess as I have understood and experienced Cancer energy, it is more concerned with home, family, and emotional connections with people that make up their "family." Pisces energy focuses more on the universe and Scorpio probes the motivations, depths, souls of others (which is possible online).

Fire signs, mostly they are passionate, curious pioneers, explorers of self and the universe. Fire is concerned with the question of identity. Fire signs don't necessarily need to post to explore or share or philosophize. They can do so physically, but I would expect there to be fire signs here. Esp. Sagittarius which is the philosopher of the forum on a journey to discover his/her relation to the universe.

As for Earth, Earth signs are concerned first and foremost with what is practical. Earth signs relate primarily on the physical, tangible level, and often struggle with understanding more abstract concepts. They are far more likely to rely on what their physical bodies tell them than on any info they receive on the mental, intellectual, or verbal levels. This isn't to say they are in any way unintelligent.
*I do expect Virgos who are the rationalists and concerned with detail and physical evidence for everything before they believe it. You might say they are the skeptics. They are interested in pure fact/truth. Being ruled by Mercury, it is more like the air signs then the other two.

Now, I'm say signs versus people with Air Suns, etc because we cannot generalize based on one planet. Of course, if you've got a Sun in Taurus, but a heavy concentration in air you probably will seem more like an air sign. Admitting to that, I'm not really counting on this poll to tell me very much as I haven't looked at all your charts much less analyzed them. I would like to someday, but this is more of a surface scan.

Last edited:
Air: Libra

Leo, Scorpio Rising, Cancer Moon.

0TheSwerve0 said:
Air signs are concerned with communication and are most comfortable in the realm of abstract ideas and concepts, symbols, and communication. I'd expect a lot of air signs simply because of that. Air signs are social as well.

Water signs are also concerned with communication but they communicate and experience ideas through emotions. Water signs seek to connect on deep, transformation levels that air would never consider exploring. I would expect water signs since you can connect with people and universal ideas on this forum.
*I don't expect Cancers. I guess as I have understood and experienced Cancer energy, it is more concerned with home, family, and emotional connections with people that make up their "family." Pisces energy focuses more on the universe and Scorpio probes the motivations, depths, souls of others (which is possible online).

Fire signs, mostly they are passionate, curious pioneers, explorers of self and the universe. Fire is concerned with the question of identity. Fire signs don't necessarily need to post to explore or share or philosophize. They can do so physically, but I would expect there to be fire signs here. Esp. Sagittarius which is the philosopher of the forum on a journey to discover his/her relation to the universe.

As for Earth, Earth signs are concerned first and foremost with what is practical. Earth signs relate primarily on the physical, tangible level, and often struggle with understanding more abstract concepts. They are far more likely to rely on what their physical bodies tell them than on any info they receive on the mental, intellectual, or verbal levels. This isn't to say they are in any way unintelligent.
*I do expect Virgos who are the rationalists and concerned with detail and physical evidence for everything before they believe it. You might say they are the skeptics. They are interested in pure fact/truth. Being ruled by Mercury, it is more like the air signs then the other two.

Now, I'm say signs versus people with Air Suns, etc because we cannot generalize based on one planet. Of course, if you've got a Sun in Taurus, but a heavy concentration in air you probably will seem more like an air sign. Admitting to that, I'm not really counting on this poll to tell me very much as I haven't looked at all your charts much less analyzed them. I would like to someday, but this is more of a surface scan.

I'd like to hear Kerrie's take on this, but I don't think your analysis goes deep enough. A human being might have some part of their personality shaped by the structure of the universe when they are born, but "personality" doesn't define a human being.

I think it is more likely that if there is any relevance to astrology, then the distributions of signs among scientists will indicate personal preferences in how they do science, not if whether they do science or not.

Of course, you have a captive audience here. :smile: You could conduct a study and test your theory.

Capricorn, Leo Rising, Moon in Libra

Les Sleeth said:
I'd like to hear Kerrie's take on this, but I don't think your analysis goes deep enough. A human being might have some part of their personality shaped by the structure of the universe when they are born, but "personality" doesn't define a human being.

I think it is more likely that if there is any relevance to astrology, then the distributions of signs among scientists will indicate personal preferences in how they do science, not if whether they do science or not.

Of course, you have a captive audience here. :smile: You could conduct a study and test your theory.

*gurgle* gurgle* Kerrie! I'm drowning here :tongue2:
We are in agreement. I've said the same in the other astrology thread. The envirnoment, genes, etc all affect people. That's why I said it was a surface scan. It would take a whole book to explain each sign properly, so I just took key themes.

I'm Aquarius, the WATER-bearer, must be what? Air sign.
no wonder I'm so screwed up

tribdog said:

I'll trade you! Oh, wait, I can't do that, can I? Well, had to try.

Les Sleeth said:
Remember that crack about eating vegetarians, well once we get you in the water . . .

Yipes! Heeeeeeelllllllllllpppppppppp! No more cracks about eating vegetarians unless I'm talking about cows, I promise! :rofl:

tribdog said:
Water-bearer pours out knowledge...there must be mistake

0TheSwerve0 said:
Water-bearer pours out knowledge...there must be mistake

:rofl: Point to TheSwerve! :rofl:

sagittarius

It might just be that the sun signs have been told by their Astrologers, that they are more socially aggressive, and so they run with it, so to speak.

1. What is a "Sun Sign" in astrology?

A Sun Sign, also known as a Zodiac Sign, is determined by the position of the Sun at the time of a person's birth. It is believed to represent the core essence of an individual's personality and is a key factor in determining their astrological chart.

2. How do I find out my Sun Sign?

To find out your Sun Sign, you will need to know your date of birth. Then, you can consult an astrological chart or use an online calculator to determine your Sun Sign based on the placement of the Sun at the time of your birth.

3. Are all Sun Signs the same?

No, each Sun Sign has its own unique characteristics and traits based on the element and quality associated with it. There are 12 Sun Signs in astrology: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces.

4. Can my Sun Sign change?

No, your Sun Sign is determined by the position of the Sun at the time of your birth and cannot change. However, the other planets in your astrological chart may influence your personality and behavior.

5. Is my Sun Sign the only important factor in my astrological chart?

No, your Sun Sign is just one aspect of your astrological chart. Other important factors include your Moon Sign, Rising Sign, and the placement of other planets in your chart. It is important to consider all aspects of your chart to get a complete understanding of your personality and life path.