How do boys express their feelings for someone they like?

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fall
In summary, the conversation is about how to express interest in someone without being too obvious or playing games. The suggestion is made to simply ask the person out on a date and see where things go from there. Some people believe it is better for the guy to make the first move, while others think the girl should not be afraid to show her interest. The conversation also mentions how some guys may be too shy to make a move and may not pick up on subtle signals from the girl. It is suggested to be direct and ask the person out on a date.
lunarmansion said:
This is good advice for Lisa, perhaps not to be read by men. But she comes from where romantic love originated, so she should know.
On the contrary, men need to understand a woman's perspective.

In my previous comment, I was going to suggest 'tongue-in-cheek', that Lisa! tackle the guy, anterior to ground, twist his arm, and ask him his intentions. :biggrin: That however may not be taken as intended, and the action may be perceived as too confrontational.

lunarmansion said:
Never underestimate yourself. It is usually the people with the best qualities that underestimate themselves and the stupid ones are all too sure of themselves. It is not about looks. I cannot tell you how many girlfriends I have, beautiful women mistreated and taken for granted by ther boyfriends and husbands.
Good advice, and I have noticed the same.

Relationships shouldn't be about control or propping up fragile egos.

Relationships should be based on reciprocity and mutuality, with dignity and respect - more or less an equal partnership.

Physics news on Phys.org
Why would you want a guy who thinks he's God's gift to women?

Thanks all of you!:smile:
I reply to other posts later since I don't have enough time now...
JasonRox said:
Why would you want a guy who thinks he's God's gift to women?
:approve:

I don't anymore! I started this thread because I was really feel bad about myself. I thought that was all my imagination that he had a crush on me. You know I still have trouble accepting people are interested in me. I see them around, staring at me, ... butI still think well that deosn't mean they like me. I don't know perhaps that's because I don't find anything so exciting about myself to make a guy fall for me. Hehe that's why I have no bf, although my friends always think I do but I'm hiding from them!(when I tell them that I have no male friend who's so close to me they don't believe me and think I even have more than 1:bugeye: ) Anyway I just wanted to know how girls supposed to know whether someone's obssesed wit them or not!
And you know at 1st he didn't seem to be such a guy. To be honest I've not been nice to him as well. I was sort of rude to him because of some event and well after that he started his rudeness as well. Somehow he's changed his attitude since yesterday. I mean he's around agian and doesn't cut me dead, but I still do!:shy: You know that's because I don't lik people play with me. I mean they make you feel great and believe they like you a lot but t othr day tey cut you dead and make you feel stupid because of thinking that tey like you while they don't. I just want to forget him. Too difficult inc we saw each other every day but possible if I'd make myself too busy to have time for thinking about him!:redface:

never, never feel sorry for a man.
remember, a woman is always too good for the man.
This may help somebody that is a victim of male-caused domestic violence, but I'm not so sure about any factual basis behind these statements. Switch "man," with "women," and this sounds like centuries ago were in some places women were not considered people almost. Never, never feel sorry for a man? That sounds like every man is a dog.

Unfortunately this is normal behaviour for men.

I really like a girl at work (in fact the situation is spookily simalir to yours except I'm sure she doesn't like me:cry: ), and I've been a bit off with her sometimes, it's not delibrate we just can't help it.

Lisa! it doesn't have to be a "love" thing or even a serious friendship right away. Just keep it light. When I started college, I was about 5'2" and there was a beautiful leggy blonde (at least 5'10") in the dorm next door, and I saw her in the cafeteria frequently. One day, I got up the courage to ask if I could sit with her for lunch, and she shot right back with "well, I saved this chair for you" and patted the chair next to hers. We became best friends, and were for years. I was over 5'6" by the end of the freshman year, but we still looked like Dudley Moore and Susan Anton when we walked together holding hands, hugged, etc. We spent time together every day, and she introduced me to some very nice ladies, although I never clicked with any of her friends. A couple of years later, I walked to a local bar during a heavy snowstorm, and saw a statuesque lifeguard from the UMO pool at another table. She had a muscular build and a baby face, and she was 2 years older than me. She smiled, came over to my table and asked if she could buy me a drink. That turned into months of non-commital sex and closeness and another good friendship with a person that shared my passion for English Romantic poetry and philosophy, until she graduated and moved on. Not every relationship is about passion and committment - some are about friendship, some are more. If you make friends with a boy that you have no sexual/affectionate attraction to, you will at least have another friend, and if he respects your friendship, he will open the doors for you to meet other people with whom you might really hit it off.

If you like a guy, keep it light and non-committal. Invite him to go with you and your friends to get ice cream, play a couple of rounds of miniature golf, or go bowling. The group setting will keep him relaxed and you'll get to know him a lot better than if he's feeling pressured and is worried about what kind of impression he's making or what kind of "relationship" you're looking for. Don't make it a "date". First be a friend. I am married to my best friend of over 31 years. That didn't happen overnight.

Last edited:
lunarmansion said:
And remember, a woman is always too good for the man.

You're not too picky, you said? Could've fooled me!

Lisa! said:
Thanks all of you!:smile:
I reply to other posts later since I don't have enough time now...

:approve:

I don't anymore! I started this thread because I was really feel bad about myself. I thought that was all my imagination that he had a crush on me. You know I still have trouble accepting people are interested in me. I see them around, staring at me, ... butI still think well that deosn't mean they like me. I don't know perhaps that's because I don't find anything so exciting about myself to make a guy fall for me. Hehe that's why I have no bf, although my friends always think I do but I'm hiding from them!(when I tell them that I have no male friend who's so close to me they don't believe me and think I even have more than 1:bugeye: ) Anyway I just wanted to know how girls supposed to know whether someone's obssesed wit them or not!
And you know at 1st he didn't seem to be such a guy. To be honest I've not been nice to him as well. I was sort of rude to him because of some event and well after that he started his rudeness as well. Somehow he's changed his attitude since yesterday. I mean he's around agian and doesn't cut me dead, but I still do!:shy: You know that's because I don't lik people play with me. I mean they make you feel great and believe they like you a lot but t othr day tey cut you dead and make you feel stupid because of thinking that tey like you while they don't. I just want to forget him. Too difficult inc we saw each other every day but possible if I'd make myself too busy to have time for thinking about him!:redface:

See, why do you waste time with other guys when deep down you know you really want me? They are not as perfect as I! :cool:

I think arrogance turns Lisa on! :!)

No wonder she loves you, Cyrus.

Lisa! said:
I started this thread because I was really feel bad about myself.
Like lunarmansion and others have mentioned, don't feel bad about yourself. As far as I can tell, you're a fine young lady, and many people here enjoy your contributions to PF. Soooo, there are probably nice young men who see the same thing we do, and they see you in person. :cool:

So when are you going to post a picture? :biggrin:

I'm feeling better!

So just getting back from shopping and after wearing some beauitful clothes now I feel I'm so cute!:rofl::blushing:

I just didn't care about that guy for the last 2 weeks and now I'm almost forgetting him. He came to me afew days ago for asking some really stupid question:bugeye: (well seems to me like an excuse) but I just responded to him very formal and polite, then left him so soon although it was a good excuse for both of us to talk for a long time.Nope! I don't like guys to think that they can play with my feelings.
I still don't know whether he had a crush for me or not anymore.:zzz: That's because he seems to be very selfsatisfied.Although there's nothing special about him other than being sort of handsome(he's tall). Wow! and you know he's 10 years older than me.:rolleyes:

Math Is Hard said:
I think arrogance turns Lisa on! :!)
Not really!:yuck:
I was obssed with him since he didn't seem to be arrogant.

cyrusabdollahi said:
See, why do you waste time with other guys when deep down you know you really want me? They are not as perfect as I! :cool:
My love is strong for you that I just don't want you to waste your life with an unperfect person like me. :!)
Oh although I know that perfect beings like you never fall in love.:frown: