1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

When could i start interning?

1. Oct 1, 2012 #1
    For various reasons, i attended my local community college when i got out of high school, so i have mostly all my non-major based curriculum finished. I have decided to pursue a BS in electrical engineering and plan to transfer to a university next semester (spring 2013). I have been told that engineering degrees require 4 years in a year university anyways because most the courses are prerequisites to others. Is this mostly true, and also, when is the earliest i could start interning in the field of my major?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 1, 2012 #2
    At my school, EE majors start taking their required classes sophomore year. Check your school's academic plan.

You can start interning now if you have some skills or a foot in the door somewhere. I've met many students in my program that did an internship the summer before their freshman year. They mostly did programming related stuff.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook