Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

When did they start letting pretty girls in?

1. Oct 17, 2008 #1
    I just saw a Today show story about cats in MITs dorms. Every girl they showed was drop dead gorgeous. when did they start letting smart girls be pretty?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2008 #2
    Alas, they still dont let smart guys be hot.

4. Oct 17, 2008 #3
    I'm sending you a friend request.

5. Oct 17, 2008 #4

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

About 5mins after they were hired from an agency and a couple of days after MIT's PR dept heard there were going to be cameras.

6. Oct 17, 2008 #5

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Now, now, there are plenty of smart girls that are attractive.

7. Oct 17, 2008 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I think most smart guys are hot.

8. Oct 17, 2008 #7
    haha I have had the similar experience here at sdsu. we are known for having some of the hottest girls in the country but atlas they are not engineers. In most of my glass the guys out number the girls 40 to 1. Last semester, one the first day of heat transfer class this drop dead gorgeous blond walks in to my class and sits down. Needless to say all the guys start whispering to one another. Well after about 20 minutes into the class, after the professor has gone over some elementary (and very easy) differential equations related to heat transfer the girl has this look of utter horror on her face. It turns out she was a com major and just happen to sit in the wrong class......in summary why cant there be any hot mechanical engineers here at my school. I am sure they exists but i have seen none so far :(

9. Oct 17, 2008 #8
    Haha granted

10. Oct 17, 2008 #9
    Ya smart is definitely hot, but, a lot of really smart guys are... how do I say.. unattractive.. physically...

11. Oct 17, 2008 #10

Defennder

Homework Helper

This is utterly hilarious.

12. Oct 17, 2008 #11
    This has happened like 5-6 times in my class. We also have 40 to 1 ratio and no female professor.

I was just thinking other day that on average 4 girls: 1 boy lose their way and come into our class ...

13. Oct 17, 2008 #12
    okay, so theyre hot... but theyre smart. so, as soon as i, you or any other guy opens their mouth they are going to immediately know what were looking for.

14. Oct 17, 2008 #13
    help with homework?

15. Oct 17, 2008 #14

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

At my school, some blonde walked into the classroom about 5 minutes before class started. One of the guys was a little more considerate than the folks in your class. He told her, "I don't think you want to be in this classroom. This is Calculus II." A few guys in the class laughed anticipating her look of shock, which sure enough came.

"Calculus II! Oh, my God! You wouldn't happen to know where they're holding ... uh ... oh, wait, I'm teaching Calculus II this semester. What do you know, I guess I'm in the right classroom after all" and flashed that dumb bimbo smile they were all expecting.

16. Oct 17, 2008 #15
    yay! I love her instantly! On the first day of my intro to mechanic class some guy tried to tell me I wasn't suppose to be there. All the first year engineers have to to take it, and I guess he thought it was exclusively for engineers, he kept saying "but you're not in engineering, Id have seen you before" Its true I'm not, but I AM into physics and he just didn't get it.. a girl... who likes physics....

17. Oct 17, 2008 #16

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What I used to do with Neanderthals like that: when an exam was handed back after grading, I'd sit right next to the jerk. I'd leave my exam open long enough that I could be sure that he saw my score.

Of course, if you do this, make sure your score is a nice, high number - preferably best in class... :wink: !

18. Oct 17, 2008 #17
    Wa wa waaa... You guys go to a school where there are plenty of girls - just not in your class.

Get some social skills, and talk to them walking around campus.

PS: Waa waaa freakin waaa......

19. Oct 17, 2008 #18
    HA thats brilliant! I am a real ****h however and when boys bother me I always say something really mean like "does your mom know you're here playing grown up?" or "you know, the mere sight of you makes me want to stab myself in the eye with a fork, and when you talk, I want to throw up a little" Its amazing how well it works. I met one of my best friends this way. He thought it was great and was like "you are everything I have ever wanted in a woman" and I laughed and told him Id rather die, and we've been friends ever since.

20. Oct 17, 2008 #19
    My school has TONS of hot chicks and they out number us guys 2:1. However they are all intensely stupid and extremely christian. Two qualities which I will not tolerate any more which really kind of sucks. Its like dying of hydration in the middle of the ocean.

I've noticed the amount of girls in engineering is increasing though but mostly just in CE.

21. Oct 17, 2008 #20
    I know what you mean. Every time a new quarter starts, I get so many looks from the guys..I'm not sure if it's good or bad...but they are like, what are you doing in here? You're not in ME, and I'm like uhhh, yeah I am, lol. Then, when I sit in the front of the room, I can feel all the eyes staring at me, that's why I sit at the back of the room. Where are all the hott guys???

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?