1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other When do your classes start?

1. Aug 13, 2016 #1
    Don't worry it's still summer break! :smile:

For most students classes start in a few weeks. When is your first day of instruction and what school?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2016 #2

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Many start in middle of August, for the autumn term.

4. Aug 15, 2016 #3
    My classes start on August 22nd so next week for me haha. I am currently attending Missouri School of Science and technology in Rolla, Missouri. I am going to be a sophomore. I made some very hard decisions over the summer and decided to switch my major from Physics to Nuclear Engineering for various reasons but I am eager and excited to start soon.

5. Aug 16, 2016 #4
    I start classes in a week. First semester of an electrical engineering phd program, I've been RAing for the group since May though. Taking,

Random processes, advanced computer architecture, and neuromorphic computing hardware.

My research floats around emerging device architectures and image/video processing applications.

6. Aug 16, 2016 #5

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

August 31st. Thank you for reminding me :H

Students just have to be present that day. I have to be prepared...

7. Aug 16, 2016 #6
    I finished my classes in the spring semester of this year. Now I just have to spend the next n years on my thesis :smile:

8. Aug 17, 2016 #7

Fervent Freyja

Gold Member

Monday. I do sort of miss it... but then I don't.

Some students will arrive to class just having fed, prepared, and dropped off a screaming toddler at the babysitters. I'm thinking about filling a box full of dollar surprises to see if I can bribe mine to not be so upset after separation. You can open it only after I leave, okay? Might work.

9. Aug 17, 2016 #8
    I start my classes on September 6th at the University of Winnipeg :)

10. Aug 20, 2016 #9
    September 22 I think. Senior year whew! I also will be a peer instructor for statistical mechanics, kinda nervous!! I've peer instructed for freshman mechanics before but this upper division class is kind of the GPA killer where I'm from lol.

11. Aug 21, 2016 #10
    20 September here, finally starting my math bachelor at the EPFL. I started out as a chemist last year but ended up switching this year.

12. Aug 22, 2016 #11
    Wow those last two are relativity late! You got lots of time :)

13. Aug 22, 2016 #12

jtbell

Fall semester classes begin here on Aug. 24 (Wednesday). Today and tomorrow are the "welcome back events for students."

14. Aug 22, 2016 #13

Math_QED

Homework Helper

I believe September 26 (Monday) for me. I'm starting a maths bachelor.

15. Aug 22, 2016 #14

Mark44

No school for me (I'm retired), but the community college where I taught and many of the colleges I attended were on the quarter system, so fall quarter didn't start until late September.

16. Aug 22, 2016 #15
    Mine starts on the third of october (slovenia)

17. Aug 22, 2016 #16

ProfuselyQuarky

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Why do you all have such late dates? I start school tomorrow!

18. Aug 22, 2016 #17
    Don't forget to tell your classmates about PF! :)

19. Aug 22, 2016 #18

ProfuselyQuarky

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Haha, sure thing :)

20. Aug 22, 2016 #19
    All universities in Switzerland start on the 20th of September, if I'm not mistaken. I think it's around the same time for France too.

21. Aug 25, 2016 #20
    I will start by October, Electronics Engineering and Computer Science in PORTUGAL. My classes will be Programming, Digital Systems, Math Analysis 1, Linear Algebra and Circuits Analysis.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted