When Do Classes Start for Electronics and Computer Science Students in Portugal?

• Other
  • Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Classes
In summary, students are discussing their upcoming first days of instruction at various universities and colleges. Some have already started, while others are starting within the next few weeks. Some students have made changes to their majors and are excited to start their new classes. Others are taking a variety of courses in fields such as electrical engineering, computer science, math, and physics. The start dates vary, with some starting as early as August 24th and others not starting until October. Some students are also discussing their past experiences with starting school and preparations for the first day.
Don't worry it's still summer break! :smile:

For most students classes start in a few weeks. When is your first day of instruction and what school?

Likes MRrelativity
Physics news on Phys.org
Many start in middle of August, for the autumn term.

My classes start on August 22nd so next week for me haha. I am currently attending Missouri School of Science and technology in Rolla, Missouri. I am going to be a sophomore. I made some very hard decisions over the summer and decided to switch my major from Physics to Nuclear Engineering for various reasons but I am eager and excited to start soon.

I start classes in a week. First semester of an electrical engineering phd program, I've been RAing for the group since May though. Taking,

Random processes, advanced computer architecture, and neuromorphic computing hardware.

My research floats around emerging device architectures and image/video processing applications.

August 31st. Thank you for reminding me :H

Students just have to be present that day. I have to be prepared...

Likes beamie564 and ProfuselyQuarky
I finished my classes in the spring semester of this year. Now I just have to spend the next n years on my thesis :smile:

Monday. I do sort of miss it... but then I don't.

DrClaude said:
August 31st. Thank you for reminding me :H

Students just have to be present that day. I have to be prepared...

Some students will arrive to class just having fed, prepared, and dropped off a screaming toddler at the babysitters. I'm thinking about filling a box full of dollar surprises to see if I can bribe mine to not be so upset after separation. You can open it only after I leave, okay? Might work.

I start my classes on September 6th at the University of Winnipeg :)

September 22 I think. Senior year whew! I also will be a peer instructor for statistical mechanics, kinda nervous! I've peer instructed for freshman mechanics before but this upper division class is kind of the GPA killer where I'm from lol.

20 September here, finally starting my math bachelor at the EPFL. I started out as a chemist last year but ended up switching this year.

Fall semester classes begin here on Aug. 24 (Wednesday). Today and tomorrow are the "welcome back events for students."

I believe September 26 (Monday) for me. I'm starting a maths bachelor.

No school for me (I'm retired), but the community college where I taught and many of the colleges I attended were on the quarter system, so fall quarter didn't start until late September.

Mine starts on the third of october (slovenia)

Why do you all have such late dates? I start school tomorrow!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
ProfuselyQuarky said:
Don't forget to tell your classmates about PF! :)

Likes Hoophy and ProfuselyQuarky
Greg Bernhardt said:
Don't forget to tell your classmates about PF! :)
Haha, sure thing :)

ProfuselyQuarky said:
All universities in Switzerland start on the 20th of September, if I'm not mistaken. I think it's around the same time for France too.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
I will start by October, Electronics Engineering and Computer Science in PORTUGAL. My classes will be Programming, Digital Systems, Math Analysis 1, Linear Algebra and Circuits Analysis.

1. When do your classes start?

Classes typically start at the beginning of the academic term or semester, which can vary depending on the school's schedule. It is important to check your school's academic calendar for the exact start date of your classes.

2. Is there a specific time that classes start?

Yes, classes usually start at a specific time each day. This can vary depending on the school and the class schedule. Some classes may start in the morning, while others may start in the afternoon or evening. It is important to check your class schedule for the specific start time of each of your classes.

3. Do all classes start on the same day?

No, not all classes start on the same day. The start date of each class can vary depending on the school's schedule. Some classes may start on the first day of the academic term, while others may start later in the term. It is important to check your class schedule for the start date of each of your classes.

4. Can I still enroll in classes after they have started?

It depends on the school's policies and the specific class. Some schools may allow late enrollment for certain classes, while others may not. It is best to check with your academic advisor or the registrar's office for more information on enrolling in classes after they have started.

5. When do online classes start?

Online classes may have different start dates than traditional in-person classes. It is important to check with your school for the specific start date of your online classes. Some online classes may follow the same schedule as in-person classes, while others may have a different start date or be self-paced.