Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

When does the Sun sets down at 71°11'

1. Jun 27, 2010 #1

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Bear with me, I am not even sure if I know how to properly word the question.

Few days ago there was summer solstice - that means Sun was visible all day north of arctic circle. My question is - when will the Sun set down at 71°11'? Now, Sun is not a point, so perhaps better question is - when will the Sun touch the horizon for the first time at 71°11'?

I know there are tons of shareware/freeware programs that can calculate such things, I remember using one of them back in nineties, but I don't have enough time right now to search, download, install and learn enough user interface to check. Hopefully someone has right tools at hand and can answer. In return I can calculate pH of any mixture :wink:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 27, 2010 #2

russ_watters

At midnight of August 27/8, it just touches the horizon - two days later it is completely below.

Attached Files:

4. Jun 28, 2010 #3

Borek

Judging from the screenshot you mean July, not August :wink:

Many thanks, that's exactly information I was looking for. And I must admit end of July is a good news :smile:

I owe you a beer.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook