Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

When you die your physical boady will ?

1. May 3, 2003 #1
    What ceramony will be performed at a funeral for you, and what means of burrial will you under go, and is this custome normal for others that share your religious belief?

Ok I being the economic/space saving super human will prably be cremated then either placed in an urn or placed some place funny like in a pepper mill or scatterd thought antartica becuase i know i will never vist it. No relgious hoo ha just poepel watch my boady being burt and turnd into ash...good times. Or what ever the will of the first person who finds me dead is. I am dead i dont care what happens to my boady.
  2. jcsd
  3. May 3, 2003 #2
    I'd like to be buried under a fruit tree, seems like a fitting end. :0)
    Last edited: May 3, 2003
  4. May 3, 2003 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

i want my ashes to be spread in the pacific ocean...
  5. May 3, 2003 #4
    I would prefer not being stuffed with candy and used as a pinata...besides taht, I don't much care.
  6. May 3, 2003 #5
    I think the correct phrase is "I am dead, I can't care what happens to be body".

As they said, funerals are for the living, not for the dead.
  7. May 4, 2003 #6
    .....................get cryogenically frozen.

Currently the technology is not up to much as cells get killed by freezing process. But in 50-60 years time there could be hope.
  8. May 5, 2003 #7
    parents ashs were spred under the orange tree then a few years later the STATE cut it down in a canker scare

someday I will replace it
    but cirtus is banned for now here in miami

I think I will be scatered in the ocean

matters NOT anyway
    one shot is all there is
  9. May 6, 2003 #8
    Donating various parts of body can prolong your existence.
  10. May 7, 2003 #9
    gotta good one

i'll be buried and hatefully remembered.
    and those who hate me, i will become a ghost and haunt them. haha.
  11. May 7, 2003 #10
    “If my decomposing carcass helps nourish the roots of a juniper tree or the wings of a vulture - that is immortality enough for me.” - Edward Abbey
  12. Jun 2, 2003 #11
    i've always said that before i die (hoping that a)it is expected and b) i have the physical streangth to do it)i want to go out in a forest, dig a hole, lay down, and die. the thought of getting pumped full of chemicals and waiting in a coffin for years before being "recycled" back into nature isn't for me. but as said before, at that point i really won't care how i die.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?