When you get picked out by TSA

• Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date
In summary, after experiencing a 4 hour delay at the airport due to cancelled flights, the speaker was selected for SPECIAL SECURITY DETAILING by a TSA agent. Despite this, the speaker remained optimistic and grateful for the experience. Other users chimed in with their own travel mishaps and offered support to the speaker. The speaker later updated that they had successfully reached their destination after a 20 hour journey.
BobG said:
So little sympathy. You must be in the medical profession. :grumpy:

"Stop your whining and roll over. I need to take your temperature." :eek:
Yep. :approve: And wait until you see what I USE to take your temperature!1111 :wink: :devil: :rofl:

Physics news on Phys.org
Tsunami said:
Yep. :approve: And wait until you see what I USE to take your temperature!1111 :wink: :devil: :rofl:
does it have a red button that pops up if you have temperature.

Astronuc said:
Ohio was just beginning to recover from a paralyzing winter storm that socked the state Wednesday and Thursday. Comair canceled most of its Thursday flights after it ran critically low on de-icer fluid. Half the airline's flights out of the Cincinnati airport Friday also were canceled.

Well, they managed to get ONE flight out here last night (delayed by about 5 hours from the original schedule...they could have just given it the number of the late night flight that got canceled since it left closer to that time than the originally scheduled time). Anyway, I was very happy to answer the door this morning to find someone from Delta there with my luggage! Yay! I told him it was a wonderful Christmas present. I have another week before I head home, so hopefully they'll have sorted things out by then, or maybe I'll just take a bus! LOL!

This was my daughter's revised Delta itinerary:

United Airlines flight Akron to Chicago.
Northwest Airlines flight Chicago to Minneapolis.
Northwest Minneapolis to Rapid City,SD.
Delta flight Rapid City to Salt Lake City.
Delta flight Salt Lake City to Colorado Springs.

Except, the Delta flight from Rapid City was pulling away from the gate just as passengers were getting off the Northwest flight, which lead to the revised, revised Delta itinerary:

25 Dec
United Airlines flight Akron to Chicago.
Northwest Airlines flight Chicago to Minneapolis.
Northwest Minneapolis to Rapid City,SD.
26 Dec
United Airlines Rapid City to Denver.
Ford Explorer (purchased in Akron) Denver to Colorado Springs.

The luggage, taking a little bit more round about route, arrived 27 Dec.

Maybe Delta's on to something. Maintenance and labor costs have to be lower if you have the other airlines actually do the flying.

Last edited: