1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Whenever two bodies collide and they stick together the collision is essentially inel

1. Oct 14, 2011 #1
    Hi everyone,

I am a student of A'Levels and I am having a problem with a Question regarding inelastic collision the question is as follows:

Whenever two bodies collide and they stick together the collision is essentially inelastic. Explain?

Can anybody help me out with this this is a challenge from my physics teacher...

I tried it but no good so plz help me out...:) following is my answer which my teacher said is not correct...
    xbix4y.png

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 14, 2011 #2

Andrew Mason

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Re: Whenever two bodies collide and they stick together the collision is essentially

Analyze the collision in the frame of reference of the centre of mass of the two colliding objects. What is the kinetic energy before the collision? What is it after?

AM

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook