Exploring the Intersection of Jury St, Banbury Rd, and River Avon

In summary, Enigma is hiding out in a kipper shed in Blackpool. someone should pretend to be Enigma's jump-drive.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I have jury st in front of me
I have banbury Rd to my right
I have the river avon behind me.

Physics news on Phys.org
Stratford upon Avon?

No, he's in Warwick.

By the Court Houses?

brewnog said:
No, he's in Warwick.

By the Court Houses?

good guess Brewnog

anyone want to try a (where am i) ?

Woo!

Do we actually have to be there? I tend to be sitting at my computer when I'm online...

Warwick, royal lemington spa?

brewnog said:
Woo!

Do we actually have to be there? I tend to be sitting at my computer when I'm online...
No as long as you have reference points.

Someone should pretend to be Enigma's jump-drive. That way when he figures out where you are, he'll have found it. :approve:

who's go is it then?

It's mine.

Ok, I'm facing north. To my immediate right is a small shed with burnt doors covered in black tar, with thick black smoke billowing out of the gaps in the door. There's no need to call the fire brigade. Straight ahead of me is the sea, although it's quite a way beneath me. To my left is a harbour, again, far below, with the mouth of the river it's on exiting into the sea in a northerly direction. To my right, on the top of the hill I'm on, is an old ruin, I believe it's an Abbey. In the distance, I can hear the beeping of the siren warning that the swing bridge is about to open.

Last edited:
Sounds like a kipper shed, think , think

wolram said:
Sounds like a kipper shed, think , think

Wolram, 1 point!

Whitby? Message to short, i am a man of few words sod of.

wolram said:
Whitby? Message to short, i am a man of few words sod of.

Wolram wins!

brewnog said:
Wolram wins!

I am in no state to pose a question, so i throw down the gauntlet.

I am aloft, with sand at my back, animals to my front, a castle to my left, a
big dipper to my right.

Blackpool, on the big one!

brewnog said:
Blackpool, on the big one!

Correct.

:smile:

wolram said:
anyone want to try a (where am i) ?

I played it yesterday. Gave the the taxi company 3 clear points of reference, and they still didn't find me. I suppose i won...

matthyaouw said:
I played it yesterday. Gave the the taxi company 3 clear points of reference, and they still didn't find me. I suppose i won...

Poor you, maybe the call went through a call center in india, and the message
was misinterpreted :biggrin:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1. What is the significance of the intersection of Jury St, Banbury Rd, and River Avon?

The intersection of Jury St, Banbury Rd, and River Avon is an important location for studying urban planning and transportation systems. It is also a historically significant area, as it is home to many historic buildings and landmarks.

2. How does this intersection impact the local community?

The intersection of Jury St, Banbury Rd, and River Avon is a hub for local businesses, transportation, and community activities. It serves as a major connection point for residents and visitors, and any changes or developments in this area can greatly impact the community.

3. What research has been done on this intersection?

There have been several studies and research projects conducted on the intersection of Jury St, Banbury Rd, and River Avon. These studies have focused on traffic patterns, pedestrian safety, and the impact of the intersection on the surrounding area.

4. What are some potential challenges in exploring this intersection?

Some potential challenges in exploring this intersection include obtaining accurate data, navigating through heavy traffic, and ensuring the safety of researchers and participants. There may also be limitations in terms of access to certain areas or buildings within the intersection.

5. How can the findings from studying this intersection be applied to other areas?

The findings from studying this intersection can be applied to other areas facing similar urban planning and transportation challenges. By understanding the dynamics of this intersection, researchers can provide insights and recommendations for improving other urban intersections and transportation systems.