Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where and how do you volunteer?

1. Aug 25, 2004 #1
    I volunteer at a nursing home by leading a group and chatting with residents; at a park by caring for animals and greeting visitors; and at a hospital by overseeing a mental health support group. Giving is its own gift.

What donated time returns you the most reward?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 25, 2004 #2

jimmy p

Gold Member

I work too much to volunteer... :frown:
  4. Aug 25, 2004 #3
    I volunteered with a local playscheme for kids for the past two years and actually organised the activities for them last year! Was really rewarding and very good experience in terms of disciplining kids too! + Got loads of free trips to many exciting places and got to meet so many people! :smile:

But moving on to the final year of my degree as from October this year, I can't afford the time anymore! :frown:
  5. Aug 25, 2004 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you also volunteer when you are forced to work without wages? No? I guess my past year doesn't count then :( No reward from it either.. I'll just crawl back into my self-dug hole ;)
  6. Aug 25, 2004 #5
    Hmm, if you get no enjoyment from it and never really wanted to do it in the first place, then I guess it's not volunteering. I would class it as work experience or CV-enrichment activities!! :smile:
  7. Aug 25, 2004 #6

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

right here at PF
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?