Where are you from?

• Thread starter Kerrie
  • Start date

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Just curious, for those of you who did not fill in a "real" location on this planet as to where you are, where ya from?

I see a lot of our members are from Oregon...great state for brilliant minds

Me, I am in the biggest city in Oregon...

kat

Having traveled here and there and everywhere my entire life I can't really say where I might be "from" :wink: but I did some how manage to settle here in the beautiful backwoods of Maine.

russ_watters

Mentor
Just outside of Philadelphia, PA, USA

MacTech

I actually live in wisconsin. but i go to school where kerrie is from.

kyleb

i live in Lawrence, KS at the moment. i guess i could say i am "from" here as i have lived here longer than i have anywhere else; before that i have lived in quite a few states as well as Korea and Germany, that was a big plus of being the son of a career military man.:smile:

climbhi

I go to school in salt lake city, but still call boise idaho home.

Singapore.

kyleb

are you Mormon climbhi?

steppenwolf

canberra, australia
although i went to school in toulouse (southern france) for a while

I am "from" Puerto Rico, but I live in White Cloud, MI (I guess I might just as well say "middle of nowhere", as no one is likely to know where "White Cloud" is).

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
From: Holland (NL, not MI), staying in Detroit, MI for the moment.. going back to study in Amsterdam in winter, jeeejh!

RageSk8

Sacramento, California. God this town blows... At least I am close to San Fransico.

Riverside, CA

Near Cleveland, Ohio.

climbhi

Originally posted by kyleb
are you Mormon climbhi?
Yes, I'd point out though that I'm not originally from Salt Lake City, I was born in California. So even though I think you asked that becuase I'm from SLC, I haven't always been here, in fact I haven't even lived here for a year.

RageSk8

My family is Mormon and I have experienced both California Mormon's and Utah Mormons - let state that the difference is great...

damgo

I'm in Kansas City, KS, now, but I'm planning on going back to California as soon as I can. :) Also I lived in Tehran, Iran for a couple years when I was a kid.

kyleb

Originally posted by climbhi
Yes, I'd point out though that I'm not originally from Salt Lake City, I was born in California. So even though I think you asked that becuase I'm from SLC, I haven't always been here, in fact I haven't even lived here for a year.
oh ya i caught that, i was just guessing because i know that a lot of people of that faith go to school in SLC; i was just there last october to watch my cousin get married actually. the reason i asked was because i wanted to point out the similarily between LDS and Freemasonry/Rosicrucianism, a lot of people are unaware of such things and i think it is something that people should know, espesialy if they practice such beleifs.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoulderHead

Originally posted by Kerrie
Just curious, ... where you are, where ya from?
I am in transit back and forth between North and South America. I have no definite nationality (despite what a passport might say) due to the confused geography of my birthplace. What I might claim and what might actually be could be two different things. Being born 'on the fence' I take what is convenient at a given time.

climbhi

Originally posted by kyleb
the reason i asked was because i wanted to point out the similarily between LDS and Freemasonry/Rosicrucianism, a lot of people are unaware of such things and i think it is something that people should know, espesialy if they practice such beleifs.
I'm sorry I guess I don't know what you're referring to.

kyleb

well it is a complicated topic climbhi which is why i just eluded to it in the hopes that you might look into it yourself. however, sense you asked and so as not to hijack this thread any more than i have, i started another thread in the religion forums here:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=523

MSI

i am in jordan now but i am from ISRAEL i left my family there and travelled i hope i can returne ....

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I am from the Chicago area (just south of that Great City), and I live near my school in Troy, NY.

zaa right behind you with a chocking wire

ok but really i am in the big crab apple NJ

!!!East Greenbush NY!!!

Woohoo no one knows where that is.:frown: