Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where are you from?

1. Mar 25, 2003 #1

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Just curious, for those of you who did not fill in a "real" location on this planet as to where you are, where ya from?

I see a lot of our members are from Oregon...great state for brilliant minds

Me, I am in the biggest city in Oregon...
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 25, 2003 #2

Having traveled here and there and everywhere my entire life I can't really say where I might be "from" :wink: but I did some how manage to settle here in the beautiful backwoods of Maine.
  4. Mar 25, 2003 #3

Staff: Mentor

Just outside of Philadelphia, PA, USA
  5. Mar 25, 2003 #4
    I actually live in wisconsin. but i go to school where kerrie is from.
  6. Mar 25, 2003 #5
    i live in Lawrence, KS at the moment. i guess i could say i am "from" here as i have lived here longer than i have anywhere else; before that i have lived in quite a few states as well as Korea and Germany, that was a big plus of being the son of a career military man.:smile:
  7. Mar 26, 2003 #6
    I go to school in salt lake city, but still call boise idaho home.
  8. Mar 26, 2003 #7
  9. Mar 26, 2003 #8
    are you Mormon climbhi?
  10. Mar 26, 2003 #9
    canberra, australia
    although i went to school in toulouse (southern france) for a while
  11. Mar 26, 2003 #10
    I am "from" Puerto Rico, but I live in White Cloud, MI (I guess I might just as well say "middle of nowhere", as no one is likely to know where "White Cloud" is).
  12. Mar 26, 2003 #11

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

From: Holland (NL, not MI), staying in Detroit, MI for the moment.. going back to study in Amsterdam in winter, jeeejh!
  13. Mar 26, 2003 #12
    Sacramento, California. God this town blows... At least I am close to San Fransico.
  14. Mar 26, 2003 #13
    Riverside, CA
  15. Mar 26, 2003 #14
    Near Cleveland, Ohio.
  16. Mar 26, 2003 #15
    Yes, I'd point out though that I'm not originally from Salt Lake City, I was born in California. So even though I think you asked that becuase I'm from SLC, I haven't always been here, in fact I haven't even lived here for a year.
  17. Mar 26, 2003 #16
    My family is Mormon and I have experienced both California Mormon's and Utah Mormons - let state that the difference is great...
  18. Mar 26, 2003 #17
    I'm in Kansas City, KS, now, but I'm planning on going back to California as soon as I can. :) Also I lived in Tehran, Iran for a couple years when I was a kid.
  19. Mar 26, 2003 #18
    oh ya i caught that, i was just guessing because i know that a lot of people of that faith go to school in SLC; i was just there last october to watch my cousin get married actually. the reason i asked was because i wanted to point out the similarily between LDS and Freemasonry/Rosicrucianism, a lot of people are unaware of such things and i think it is something that people should know, espesialy if they practice such beleifs.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2003
  20. Mar 26, 2003 #19
    I am in transit back and forth between North and South America. I have no definite nationality (despite what a passport might say) due to the confused geography of my birthplace. What I might claim and what might actually be could be two different things. Being born 'on the fence' I take what is convenient at a given time.
  21. Mar 26, 2003 #20
    I'm sorry I guess I don't know what you're referring to.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?