Where can i find a list of redox half equations?

In summary, a redox half equation is a representation of a chemical reaction that shows the transfer of electrons between reactants and products. It is used to describe oxidation and reduction processes in a redox reaction. These equations can be found in chemistry textbooks or online resources and are written by identifying the oxidized and reduced species, balancing atoms and charges, and ensuring overall charge and number of atoms are equal. They can also be used to balance chemical equations and are commonly observed in everyday life, such as in the rusting of iron, battery reactions, and photosynthesis.
campa
:confused:

Chemistry news on Phys.org
in any general chemistry text

Depends on what equation you want. Some complex ones need higher level textbooks.Simpler ones, as GCT said, can be found in general textbooks.

The Bob (2004 ©)

can you recommend a good site where I can find these redox half equations

1. What is a redox half equation?

A redox half equation is a representation of a chemical reaction that shows the transfer of electrons between reactants and products. It is used to describe the oxidation and reduction processes that occur in a redox reaction.

2. Where can I find a list of redox half equations?

You can find a list of redox half equations in chemistry textbooks or online resources. Some common websites that provide these lists include Chemguide, Khan Academy, and ChemLibreTexts.

3. How do I write a redox half equation?

To write a redox half equation, you need to first identify the species that are being oxidized and reduced. Then, balance the atoms and charges on each side of the equation by adding appropriate coefficients and electrons. Finally, make sure that the overall charge and number of atoms are equal on both sides of the equation.

4. Can redox half equations be used to balance chemical equations?

Yes, redox half equations can be used to balance chemical equations. By balancing the half equations for oxidation and reduction separately, you can ensure that the overall equation is balanced in terms of both mass and charge.

5. Are redox half equations used in everyday life?

Yes, redox reactions and half equations are very common in everyday life. For example, the rusting of iron is a redox reaction that can be represented by a half equation showing the oxidation of iron to form iron oxide. Other examples include the reactions involved in batteries, corrosion of metals, and photosynthesis.