Where can I find international softcover editions of textbooks?

In summary, the speaker discusses their experience purchasing affordable softcover international edition textbooks from internet vendors. They are now looking for a reliable website to purchase these textbooks again. They mention a website called "textbookx" but it is not the one they used previously. Other suggested websites for purchasing these textbooks are eBay, abebooks.com, and amazon.com.
mattlorig
This past fall I ordered a few of my books from internet vendors who sold softcover international editions of textbooks. For this first time in my college career, I spent less than 200 bucks on my texts, and they were exactly the same as the rather pricey hardcover books my buddies had. Unfortunately, I seem to be unable to find the website I purchased my books from. Does anybody know of a reliable internet sight where I can find international edition softcover textbooks? I found a place called "textbookx" which has some of these books, but it isn't the sight I used last fall.

PS Sorry if this wasn't the right place to post this thread. I couldn't really think of another place to post it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Search for them on ebay... you'll get a list of different vendors.
Other sites are abebooks.com and amazon.com

There are a few options for finding international softcover editions of textbooks. One option is to search for online retailers that specialize in selling international editions, such as AbeBooks or TextbookRush. Another option is to search for specific publishers that offer international editions, such as Wiley or McGraw-Hill. Additionally, some international editions may be available on websites like Amazon or eBay. It's also helpful to check with your college or university's bookstore, as they may have international editions available for purchase. Lastly, if you are unable to find the specific website you used last fall, you could try reaching out to classmates or professors to see if they have any recommendations for where to purchase international editions.

1. Where can I find international softcover editions of textbooks?

International softcover editions of textbooks can typically be found at online retailers such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Book Depository. These websites often have a wide selection of international editions available for purchase.

2. Are international softcover editions of textbooks the same as the US editions?

No, international softcover editions of textbooks may have different covers, page numbers, and even content compared to the US editions. However, the main concepts and information should be the same.

3. How can I tell if a textbook is an international edition?

International editions of textbooks usually have a different ISBN number and may have a statement on the cover or title page indicating it is an international edition. Also, the price may be significantly lower compared to the US edition.

4. Are international softcover editions of textbooks legal to purchase?

Yes, international softcover editions of textbooks are legal to purchase and use. They are often printed for distribution in other countries and are sold at a lower price to make them more affordable for students.

5. Will using an international softcover edition affect my grades or learning?

No, using an international softcover edition should not affect your grades or learning. As mentioned, the main concepts and information should be the same as the US edition. However, it is always best to check with your professor to ensure the international edition is acceptable for your course.