Where can I find more information about Plane Geometry?

In summary, the conversation is about finding resources for studying Plane Geometry and related topics. The main focus is on finding a good textbook, with recommendations given and received. The conversation also touches on the role of Plane Geometry in broader mathematical concepts such as Trigonometry and Pre-Calculus. Additionally, the conversation ends with expressions of gratitude for the help provided.
racer
Hey there

I do study a textbook at School called Plane Geometry, it is about 3d dimensional figures, it starts with explaining Planes, points and lines, then It starts with theories, then I have to prove something like a line perpendicular to a plane and things like that. I googled Plane Geometry, Solid Geometry and many other things but I found nothing new.

I found this website
http://www.bymath.com/studyguide/geo/sec/geo14a.htm

Anybody knows where can I find anything about this interesting topic?

Thanks

Mathematics news on Phys.org
What kind of "more" do you mean? Maybe you want a different or better textbook. Plane Geometry is one pathway to 3-dimensional cartesian coordinate Geometry or "Analytical Geometry" in three dimensions. Some courses on Plane Geometry include a brief introduction to Trigonometry, but Trigonometry is much more thoroughly developed either in a dedicated course on it or in a PreCalculus course.

Depending on what more you wish to learn, you might enjoy a textbook on Intermediate Algebra, Trigonometry, or Pre-Calculus.

What kind of "more" do you mean? Maybe you want a different or better textbook. Plane Geometry is one pathway to 3-dimensional cartesian coordinate Geometry
I meant by more a better textbook with the same level, something introductory.

Here is a textbook I used in university. I thought it was really great.
https://www.amazon.com/Euclidean-Non-...93163&sr=&tag=pfamazon01-20 8-2

I am sure that other people here will know plenty of other books you can use as well.

This book is great and looks interesting.

Thanks guys for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is Plane Geometry?

Plane Geometry is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of flat shapes, such as points, lines, angles, and planes. It is also known as Euclidean Geometry and is the foundation for many other areas of mathematics.

2. Where can I find basic information about Plane Geometry?

You can find basic information about Plane Geometry in most math textbooks, online resources such as Khan Academy or MathIsFun, and educational websites like MathWorld or Math Planet.

3. What are some important concepts in Plane Geometry?

Some important concepts in Plane Geometry include points, lines, angles, triangles, polygons, circles, and transformations. It also involves the use of geometric formulas and theorems to solve problems.

4. How can I improve my understanding of Plane Geometry?

To improve your understanding of Plane Geometry, you can practice solving problems, work on geometric proofs, and use visual aids such as diagrams or drawings. You can also seek help from a math tutor or join a study group.

5. Are there any real-world applications of Plane Geometry?

Yes, there are many real-world applications of Plane Geometry, such as in architecture, engineering, computer graphics, and navigation. It is also used in everyday tasks, such as measuring angles and distances, and in creating maps and blueprints.