King John - A Mysterious Visitor

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: I can't remember her name, she was really skinny and had long hair. Hmm..he could have had a date with...I can't remember her name, she was really skinny and had long hair.
hypatia said:
I loved that story MIH, Wilbur was such a endearing little piggy. And Charloette, was so wise.

Im almost sure i saw some thing like that on tv.

Physics news on Phys.org
arildno said:
Can't say I approve of his choice of dates.
Females, who just wants to devour you, body and soul??

Well they do any way so why fight it, they all ways win

wolram said:
Well they do any way so why fight it, they all ways win
Hey, some of us are VERY NICE!

Charlotte's Web is a great book, but I thought the ending was rather sad. :frown:

hypatia said:
By the way, does anyone need any cucumbers? My garden seems to be over run with them. I know there not a personable, as say, a spider, but they are good listeners :smile:
I'll take some! Ever since Wolram promised us cucumber sandwiches, I've been craving them.

Wolram, what did King John look like? I love the hairy black spiders, I call them "Happy Jumpers". They live in my plants and eat all the bad bugs.

I only planted 4 plants...but each plant has 8 cukes on it! And there is a bunch more flowers forming I have eaten them till I'm full up to here{points to eyeballs}...plus last weekend I picked 9 qts of huckleberries, 6 qts of rasberries and 3 qts of wild strawberries up north.
Its been 3 days of feasting on summer delights, but my tummy says enoughs, enough.

Evo said:
I'll take some! Ever since Wolram promised us cucumber sandwiches, I've been craving them.

Wolram, what did King John look like? I love the hairy black spiders, I call them "Happy Jumpers". They live in my plants and eat all the bad bugs.

King john was about the biggest we get in the uk about 2.5 inches across,
we don't have hairy one's AFAIK.
As for the cucumber sandwiches i have just made a stack, i have cut the crusts off and cut them into triangles.
There is also a bottle of sherry just in case some one likes it :biggrin:

hypatia said:
A spider would never eat his friend, nor tell his secrets.
And what if it's a ''she''?
:wink:

Females, who just wants to devour you, body and soul
Souls can get a bit to tangy for my likeing.

Math Is Hard said:
This thread reminds me of the book, Charlotte's Web, by E.B. White. That was one of my favorite books as a kid.

I did see it on tv, it was a kiddies educational prog, and charlotte made
answer to questions in her web.

wolram said:
I did see it on tv, it was a kiddies educational prog, and charlotte made
answer to questions in her web.

Read the book if you ever get the chance. E.B. White was wonderful writer. :smile:

He wrote a few books for children (Stuart Little, The Trumpet of the Swan), but he was also an incredible essayist. He was responsible for revising and reintroducing what many people consider (me included) the most important guide ever written on English grammar and style, The Elements of Style.

Math Is Hard said:
Read the book if you ever get the chance. E.B. White was wonderful writer. :smile:

He wrote a few books for children (Stuart Little, The Trumpet of the Swan), but he was also an incredible essayist. He was responsible for revising and reintroducing what many people consider (me included) the most important guide ever written on English grammar and style, The Elements of Style.

Well now i just have to go out and buy his books, thanks MIH.

We've had a pretty large spider hanging around my house for the past week or so. My sister (just turned 19) burst into tears when I showed it her the first time, and my mother said some very naughty words indeed. But we leave the spiders in our house, they eat the flies. His body is about 20mm long, and legspan about 140mm. Pretty big for the UK, I reckon.

Could this be King John?

brewnog said:
We've had a pretty large spider hanging around my house for the past week or so. My sister (just turned 19) burst into tears when I showed it her the first time, and my mother said some very naughty words indeed. But we leave the spiders in our house, they eat the flies. His body is about 20mm long, and legspan about 140mm. Pretty big for the UK, I reckon.

Could this be King John?

Him or a family member, look into his eyes and see if there is any rapport, if there
is i bet he is kin to king john.