Who is Running the Country While the President is on Campaign Tour?

• News
  • Thread starter False Prophet
  • Start date
In summary, President Bush is touring the nation campaigning, but he's not running the country while he's away. Contrast him and Cheney in their respective debates, it's clear who has the greater grasp/knowledge of the issues, who's more intelligent, who's more clear on the administration's policies and their effects.
False Prophet
If President Bush is continuously touring the nation campaigning, who's running the country?

Physics news on Phys.org
Did you know Bush goes to his Ranch a lot? That means he isn't working! :eek:

It's not like he runs the country when he's in the whitehouse anyway. Contrast him and Cheney in their respective debates, it's clear who has the greater grasp/knowledge of the issues, who's more intelligent, who's more clear on the administration's policies and their effects.

Phatmonkey, see how hard it is to resist sarcasm sometimes?

wasteofo2 said:

Are you telling me this thread was serious then?? :uhh: I was under the impression this was a joke? :confused:

phatmonky said:
Are you telling me this thread was serious then?? :uhh: I was under the impression this was a joke? :confused:
Now you see...

wasteofo2 said:
Now you see...

No I don't. Your sarcasm comes 3 pages into a legit thread, and does so regularly.

One line joke threads are far from the same thing as multiple page threads filled with multiple paragraphs.

Gazooks, what about all that damn sleep he gets at night and all those unnecessary runs to the 'can' he makes during the day...who in the hell watching over us then. Christ, this is a clear case of dereliction of duty.

wasteofo2 said:
It's not like he runs the country when he's in the whitehouse anyway. Contrast him and Cheney in their respective debates, it's clear who has the greater grasp/knowledge of the issues, who's more intelligent, who's more clear on the administration's policies and their effects.

I've always said America will be doomed the day (as if it isn't already) when Cheney dies - Bush will become President. :tongue:

I don't know. There must be a reason, other than sheer laziness, why Bush hides himself from the public, and from official Washington, so much. What is he hiding?

Note that in all the stories told about him, from the National Guard, from his business career, and from his work on that political campaign, the constant element is his showing up late or not at all.

Last edited:
As eloquently expressed by the our Commander In Chief, "presidency is hard work" {nod}. or was it hardly :rolleyes:

Last edited:

1. Where did the president go and why?

The president's whereabouts are often kept confidential for security and privacy reasons. It is not uncommon for the president to travel for official duties or personal reasons, and the exact location may not be disclosed to the public.

2. How does the president's travel affect their job?

The president's travel is carefully planned and coordinated to ensure that they can continue to fulfill their duties and responsibilities while away from the White House. The Secret Service and other security personnel travel with the president to ensure their safety at all times.

3. Can the president travel without notifying the public?

While the president is not required to announce their travel plans to the public, it is standard protocol for the White House to inform the media and the public of the president's movements. This is to maintain transparency and accountability.

4. Where does the president stay while traveling?

The president typically stays in secure and private accommodations while traveling, such as hotels or designated government residences. The location may vary depending on the purpose of the trip and the availability of suitable accommodations.

5. How does the president's travel expenses get covered?

The president's travel expenses are covered by the government, specifically through the White House budget. This includes the cost of transportation, security, and accommodations for the president and their entourage.