Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where do CAD questions go?

  1. May 25, 2015 #1
    Hey folks,

    Just wondering where the appropriate place to put CAD-related topics on this board would be.

    To give some context, I was thinking about posting a question about advice on constructing a Francis-vane impeller, so it feels like it falls in the mechanical engineering section; yet it doesn't have any physics- or engineering-related facets. The question I had in mind deals with primarily the computer geometry aspects of the design, rather than the design itself.

    I know of at least one thread in the Mech Eng subforum that dealt with CAD questions, but it was more of a discussion as to which CAD tools were most advantageous for industry jobs.

    That being said, if anyone can give me some advice here in this thread with the above issue, it'd be more than helpful. Impellers aren't known for having friendly geometries.
  2. jcsd
  3. May 25, 2015 #2
    General Engineering, Engineering Design or Mechanical Engineering.
  4. May 25, 2015 #3


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

    Yeah, let's start with ME. If it needs to be moved, please just send me a private message. :smile:
  5. May 26, 2015 #4


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook