Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where do spiders mate

1. Aug 2, 2006 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Where do they, err do it? i mean they make a web and seem to stay in it till they die, so how come , do they nip off and have a bit of nookie while i am not around ?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 2, 2006 #2
  4. Aug 2, 2006 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

:rolleyes: not even pengwuino could make a threads as pointless as this

5. Aug 2, 2006 #4

wolram

Gold Member

You would be sorry if there were no spiders :tongue2:

6. Aug 2, 2006 #5
    Did you know that spiders weren't included in the Noah' s Ark deal, so how they came back from the brink is anyones guess; I like spiders, sorry I'm wierd:smile:

7. Aug 2, 2006 #6

wolram

Gold Member

I like spiders too, except those big bodied squat leged ones that seem to eat other spiders.

8. Aug 2, 2006 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:yuck: We get these awful looking creatures around here. They don't seem to build webs...they HUNT! :surprised And they're just a bit too big to stomp without making a mess. :cry:

[​IMG]

9. Aug 2, 2006 #8
    Do you use pyrethroid insecticides (RAID)? They work instantly.

10. Aug 2, 2006 #9

wolram

Gold Member

Looks like you could put a collar and lead on that one MoonB :yuck:

11. Aug 2, 2006 #10
    i saw a black widow spider for my first time when i was at camp! it had the little hour glass and everything. then, when i was leaving camp (forever! *tear*) we saw a tarantula cross the road. i'd post the picture, but i dunno how to take pics off my phone and onto my comp. anyway, it was sooooo exciting! we don't have anything cool like that in new england... hmph

12. Aug 3, 2006 #11

wolram

Gold Member

I wish we had some wild left in england, all i ever see is stupid rabbits and even stupider pigeons.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?