Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where do the experts in here go to find answers?

1. Apr 28, 2004 #1
    i mean the experts of this pf such as hallsofivy,hurkyl,tom,grime and others.
    when you have questions which internet forum do you go to ask them? im assuming you dont ask here because usually you are answering and dont ask question here.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 28, 2004 #2
    Most ask the magic 8-Ball. All signs point to yes.

4. Apr 28, 2004 #3
    Here's a secret, most experts go to

5. Apr 28, 2004 #4
    OHHHH! Giving away secrets huh? Well I'll have you know I Googled "types of punishment" to find out what should be done to you for your loose lips. Here's what I came up with:BDSM, bondage,chains, heels, enemas, large objects, extreme anal, rope, fisting and more.
    Wasn't what I had in mind, but go ahead and pick one.

6. Apr 29, 2004 #5

Nereid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm not sure if lqg had Nereid in mind when asking the question, but The_Professional gave one, very important, source. To add to that great source however, IMHO, one needs to have some understanding of which of the links that great internet librarian provides are likely to be worthy of even opening, then to skim an opened link, finally to read (and understand!) what is comes onto your computer screen. Unfortunately, there's an awful lot of stuff on the net which is inaccurate, misleading or just plain wrong.

Of course, Google isn't the only source ...

7. Apr 29, 2004 #6

Njorl

Science Advisor

Web of Science is a search engine for scientific literature. I have access to it at work. Sometimes I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, and I go to our technical library. We have librarians who are very good at cutting through the deadwood to find solid information.

Njorl

8. Apr 29, 2004 #7

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

9. Apr 29, 2004 #8

jcsd

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've often seen Janus with his head buried in The Junior Encyclopedia of Space

10. Apr 30, 2004 #9

honestrosewater

Gold Member

I hope they just go back to the axioms or first principles and tough it out alone :)
    I wouldn't consider myself an expert until I could do the same.
    Happy thoughts
    Rachel

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?