Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where do you live in Politopia?

1. Dec 19, 2004 #1
    http://www.politopia.com/index.htm

NW-You would feel most at home in the Northwest region. You advocate a large degree of economic and personal freedom. Your neighbors include folks like Ayn Rand, Jesse Ventura, Milton Friedman, and Drew Carey, and may refer to themselves as "classical liberals," "libertarians," "market liberals," "old whigs," "objectivists," "propertarians," "agorists," or "anarcho-capitalist."

I am neighbour to Michael Badnarik and Ayn Rand in the extreme NW.

http://www.politopia.com/more_politopia.htm
    http://www.politopia.com/poll_results.php

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 20, 2004 #2

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

straddlin' the fence

Centerville-You would feel most at home in Centerville, which means that you are more or less pleased the status quo-you think the US government has just about the right amount of control over your economic and personal decisions. Your neighbors include democratic and republican party leaders and others who call themselves "moderates" and "centrists."

4. Dec 20, 2004 #3

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Centrist, a little SW of center.

5. Dec 20, 2004 #4
    I'm a Southern Egalitarian, between FDR and Jesse Jackson...

6. Dec 20, 2004 #5

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I'm a Northern Free-Marketeer. My closest neighbors are Drew Carey and George Bush. Anybody want to buy a house cheap?

7. Dec 20, 2004 #6

kat

NW-You would feel most at home in the Northwest region. You advocate a large degree of economic and personal freedom. Your neighbors include folks like Ayn Rand, Jesse Ventura, Milton Friedman, and Drew Carey, and may refer to themselves as "classical liberals," "libertarians," "market liberals," "old whigs," "objectivists," "propertarians," "agorists," or "anarcho-capitalist."

8. Dec 20, 2004 #7
    Southern Egalitarian. Situated slightly southeast of Jesse Jackson and slightly southwest of FDR.

9. Dec 20, 2004 #8
    Hmm, I got SW (figures) right next to Jesse Jackson. Oddly, it puts me as being a little more south than west, which makes no sense to me.

edit:

You know this thing's messed up when it puts bush to the left (in relation to personal freedom) of Kerry...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  10. Dec 21, 2004 #9

11. Dec 21, 2004 #10

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I live in Centerville, equidistant from George W. Bush and Jesse Jackson, and a close neighbor of John Kerry. Sounds about right to me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?