Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where Else Do You Post?

1. Jul 9, 2004 #1
    Is this the only forum where you post or do you have other forums you visit?

I only post here once in a blue moon but I also post at:
    Braintalk
    Christian Forums
    Philosophy Forums

Last edited: Jul 9, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2004 #2
    No, I also post on the 'This Morning' forum. It's rather good actually. :approve:

4. Jul 11, 2004 #3
    I post over at allnurses.com and on the ARDMS (sonography) private forum.

5. Jul 11, 2004 #4

jimmy p

Gold Member

This is the only forum for me!! I wouldnt know where else to post and I wouldnt want to betray the "team". :biggrin:

6. Jul 11, 2004 #5
  7. Jul 11, 2004 #6

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I used to be a message board junkie, posting at any and all I could find. Among them were MSN Physics, Sciforums, Philosophy Forums, the James Randi boards, Internet Infidels, and the Atheist Network. I think that the only one on that list that is worth my time is Philosophy Forums, and I still post there occaisionally. But Physics Forums is Home.

8. Jul 11, 2004 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

This is pretty much it for me, except occasionally at a cooking forum.

I find that the majority of the people at other public forums are seriously lacking in communication skills, maturity and basic common sense.

And they aren't funny.

9. Jul 11, 2004 #8

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I'm a moderator at Armenian Club Forums and at Frostcloud Forums. I also recently launched the Biology Forums, though I think I did so prematurely, as I don't have the time or money right now to promote them. If anyone here has an interest in the biological sciences and wants to help me, I beg you to PM me.

10. Jul 11, 2004 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The other place I post a lot is one of the MSN Communities: CoffeeTawk
    http://groups.msn.com/CoffeeTawk/general.msnw
    (It's for 30-somethings, but they allow mature 20-somethings and young-at-heart 40 or 50-somethings post there too).

I also post at one of their current events boards, though most of the posts there are liberals and conservatives calling each other names. Occassionally there's some rational debate.

I used to post on a few feminism boards, but got bored with the bitter divorcees who thought it was a forum to bash men.

11. Jul 11, 2004 #10

Evo

Your biology forum could become a significant resource, it will just take some time, very nice. I also liked the frostcloud forum. It seems to have a nice assortment of topics. I have come to have a great deal of respect for you loseyourname.

I'm not into philosophy forums though. Yes, philosophy is the root of science, and the ancient philosophers were great thinkers. Unfortunately I find that current philosophy forums (including those here) are overrun, not by great thinkers, but by flakes and crackpots that don't know the difference between mindless wanderings and true philosophical thinking, so I avoid them.

12. Jul 11, 2004 #11
    Right, Jimmy. We all know it's because no other forum would have you. :wink:

I frequently visit the following:
    E-Budo
    Budoseek
    Martial Talk

13. Jul 12, 2004 #12

russ_watters

14. Jul 12, 2004 #13
  15. Jul 12, 2004 #14

jimmy p

Gold Member

You dont have to tell it like it is!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

16. Jul 12, 2004 #15
    Sorry, Jimmy, but I think we all deserve the truth here. :devil:

17. Jul 12, 2004 #16

Phobos

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Me too (esp. for science forums). Must be a couple dozen in my past. Now I spend 95% of my time here at PF. I'll sometimes sneak off to the Badastronomy, Astronomy magazine, and Creation vs. Evolution forums.

18. Jul 12, 2004 #17

jimmy p

Gold Member

Ok, ok you backed me in a corner! I'm not allowed in any forum cos i havent the "right frame of mind"... no worries, I'll torch them later!! :devil: ... dont listen to the sock, he doesnt know what he is talking about.

19. Jul 12, 2004 #18

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I watch a couple of boards (the International Slidre Rule Group on Yahoo and a couple of local river groups), but only post occasionally.

I used to post on some soccer referee forums a lot (Big Soccer, Colorado Soccer Net, and the FootballReferee Organization), but I haven't had much time to referee lately, reducing my interest in the forums.

20. Jul 12, 2004 #19
    And you have the "right frame of mind" here? :wink:

21. Jul 13, 2004 #20

jimmy p

Gold Member

I'm accepted!! Therefore the right frame of mind is what I have.... neebl flub

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?