Posting on Other Forums: Braintalk, Christian & Philosophy

• Thread starter sandinmyears
  • Start date
In summary, this forum is the only one where the user posts. They also post at www.shrapnelgames.com, www.badastronomy.com, www.coastalcountyoutdoors.com, www.footballreferee.org, and www.yahoo.com. They also used to post on soccer referee forums, but have not done so in a while.
sandinmyears
Is this the only forum where you post or do you have other forums you visit?

I only post here once in a blue moon but I also post at:
Braintalk
Christian Forums
http://forums.philosophyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=3 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I post over at allnurses.com and on the ARDMS (sonography) private forum.

This is the only forum for me! I wouldn't know where else to post and I wouldn't want to betray the "team". :biggrin:

I post on the Nerd Paradise forums (http://nerdparadise.com/jibbajabba)

I used to be a message board junkie, posting at any and all I could find. Among them were MSN Physics, Sciforums, Philosophy Forums, the James Randi boards, Internet Infidels, and the Atheist Network. I think that the only one on that list that is worth my time is Philosophy Forums, and I still post there occaisionally. But Physics Forums is Home.

This is pretty much it for me, except occasionally at a cooking forum.

I find that the majority of the people at other public forums are seriously lacking in communication skills, maturity and basic common sense.

And they aren't funny.

I'm a moderator at Armenian Club Forums and at Frostcloud Forums. I also recently launched the http://www.biologyforums.net/forums [Broken], though I think I did so prematurely, as I don't have the time or money right now to promote them. If anyone here has an interest in the biological sciences and wants to help me, I beg you to PM me.

The other place I post a lot is one of the MSN Communities: CoffeeTawk
http://groups.msn.com/CoffeeTawk/general.msnw [Broken]
(It's for 30-somethings, but they allow mature 20-somethings and young-at-heart 40 or 50-somethings post there too).

I also post at one of their current events boards, though most of the posts there are liberals and conservatives calling each other names. Occassionally there's some rational debate.

I used to post on a few feminism boards, but got bored with the bitter divorcees who thought it was a forum to bash men.

loseyourname said:
I'm a moderator at Armenian Club Forums and at Frostcloud Forums. I also recently launched the http://www.biologyforums.net/forums [Broken], though I think I did so prematurely, as I don't have the time or money right now to promote them. If anyone here has an interest in the biological sciences and wants to help me, I beg you to PM me.
Your biology forum could become a significant resource, it will just take some time, very nice. I also liked the frostcloud forum. It seems to have a nice assortment of topics. I have come to have a great deal of respect for you loseyourname.

I'm not into philosophy forums though. Yes, philosophy is the root of science, and the ancient philosophers were great thinkers. Unfortunately I find that current philosophy forums (including those here) are overrun, not by great thinkers, but by flakes and crackpots that don't know the difference between mindless wanderings and true philosophical thinking, so I avoid them.

jimmy p said:
I wouldn't want to betray the "team". :biggrin:

Right, Jimmy. We all know it's because no other forum would have you. :wink:

I frequently visit the following:
E-Budo
Budoseek
Martial Talk

I post at the pf and at www.shrapnelgames.com
If you are a hardcore wargamer that's the place to be.

Chrono said:
Right, Jimmy. We all know it's because no other forum would have you. :wink:

You don't have to tell it like it is! :cry: :cry: :cry:

jimmy p said:
You don't have to tell it like it is! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry, Jimmy, but I think we all deserve the truth here. :devil:

Tom Mattson said:
I used to be a message board junkie, posting at any and all I could find.

Me too (esp. for science forums). Must be a couple dozen in my past. Now I spend 95% of my time here at PF. I'll sometimes sneak off to the Badastronomy, Astronomy magazine, and Creation vs. Evolution forums.

Chrono said:
Sorry, Jimmy, but I think we all deserve the truth here. :devil:

Ok, ok you backed me in a corner! I'm not allowed in any forum cos i haven't the "right frame of mind"... no worries, I'll torch them later! :devil: ... don't listen to the sock, he doesn't know what he is talking about.

I watch a couple of boards (the International Slidre Rule Group on Yahoo and a couple of local river groups), but only post occasionally.

I used to post on some soccer referee forums a lot (Big Soccer, Colorado Soccer Net, and the FootballReferee Organization), but I haven't had much time to referee lately, reducing my interest in the forums.

jimmy p said:
Ok, ok you backed me in a corner! I'm not allowed in any forum cos i haven't the "right frame of mind"... no worries, I'll torch them later! :devil: ... don't listen to the sock, he doesn't know what he is talking about.

And you have the "right frame of mind" here? :wink:

I'm accepted! Therefore the right frame of mind is what I have... neebl flub

bad astronomy and the ebla forum (the parts about the history and philosophy of science); more time on PF than any other though ...

Where else can one have a good discussion about physics/science?

I've posted on scubaboard.com and bikeforums.com. s2ki.com too. Oh, and I spent way too much time arguing with crackpots over on sciforums.com back in the day.

- Warren

philosophy forums (a mentor for the religion forum there for awhile, but the members there aren't as nice as the ones here)
psychological astrology forum
toolshed forum
zodiac forum
and a few others i have lurked in...

this one is my main one however, because it rocks by far!

Am I the only one who posts in other forums that aren't about science? Oh, yeah, I forgot about the sports ones.

Well ... I guess I have been at most of the skeptic/atheist/freethought forums at some point or the other in the last 9-10 years, under some name or the other ... had the longest stints at the Carl Sagan mailing list, IIDB and PF.
Stopped forum discussion altogether for the past 6-8 months because it was taking up too much of my time.

Just recently got back to IIDB and PF (PF only today, thanks to a chance Google search!) :smile:

I used to spend a lot of time over at Computing.net, until I got into a discussion (read that "argument" :smile: ) about heat transfer in cooling CPUs with boulderhead. He dared me to come over here and read a post he started on the subject. I came, I saw, and PF conquered. I thanked boulderhead for turning me on to the site and I've been here ever since. I go sluming over there occasionally, but usually don't hang around too long. This group is just so much smarter.

I also check out the ATM (Amateur Telescope Maker) forum at Astronomy.net, but I rarely post there.

Does anybody know of a good forum to discuss Economics, I've searched the internet up and down but can't seem to find any place quite like physicsforums. I actually find myself spending much more time reading about physics and philosophy than reading about economics (my major). Oh well, I guess everyone needs a hobby.

I've been a regular poster at the http://forums.techguy.org/index-.html [Broken] forums for 2 yrs (under a different username) I post mainly in the civilized debate forum, with almost 6,000 post under my belt but am also active in the photo forum there. They use the same Vbulletin version that is used here so the overall look of this place is very familiar to me.

I am new to this forum and am not sure if I'm going to stay yet. Its always hard to adjust to a new forum after being so loyal to an old one where all of your friends are.

So what is the most discussed subject by mankind?

How about the weather?

And weather is climate and climate is Anthropogenic Global Warming

So the real fun is http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/forum-view.asp?forumid=11 [Broken].

ElectroPhysics said:
Recently I was an active member of www.kungfuonline.com

I may be risking a fist crashing out at me from my monitor, but how do you do kung fu online?

the number 42 said:
I may be risking a fist crashing out at me from my monitor, but how do you do kung fu online?

Take a tour to the website :)