Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where have my pics gone

1. Apr 27, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

I have managed to down load loads of my pics via sd card to my computer
    but now i can not load any new ones, they just do not show up, i think the camera is still working ok.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2008 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Did you delete them off the card?

4. Apr 27, 2008 #3

wolram

Gold Member

I do not know how to, i took one of a great rainbow today i hope i have not lost it permanently.

5. Apr 27, 2008 #4

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

If the camera didn't yell at you to tell you the card was full, you should be ok.

6. Apr 27, 2008 #5

wolram

Gold Member

No, no warnings, but the previous pic i thought i had loaded is not there now either, may be they are loading to a different folder?

7. Apr 27, 2008 #6

matthyaouw

Gold Member

My camera software dumps pictures in "shared pictures" rather than "my pictures" by default. Try there?

If not, select search from the start menu. Search for pictures and on the advanced options set the 'last modified' dates to either the day you transferred the pictures or the day you took them, then just search for *
    That should bring up any pictures created or modified on the date you specify, so your photos should be there somewhere.

Hope you find them.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  8. Apr 27, 2008 #7

wolram

Gold Member

Thanks mathyaouw, i will try that later.

9. Apr 27, 2008 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Maybe you saved them on Evo's computer...the one that went kerplooey. The two of you should definitely not be allowed on the same continent. :biggrin:

10. Apr 27, 2008 #9
    most have a similar 'name' before renaming with the usual extension---mvcxxx.jpg or dscxxx.jpg ---do a 'file find' for the name --like a search for mvc*.jpg----

11. Apr 27, 2008 #10

wolram

Gold Member

Well i think that is a bit austerulous calling me a danger to continents.
    I am sure Evo would not harm them either.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?