Where have my pics gone

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
wolram
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

I have managed to down load loads of my pics via sd card to my computer
but now i can not load any new ones, they just do not show up, i think the camera is still working ok.

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
I have managed to down load loads of my pics via sd card to my computer
but now i can not load any new ones, they just do not show up, i think the camera is still working ok.
Did you delete them off the card?

wolram
Gold Member
Did you delete them off the card?
I do not know how to, i took one of a great rainbow today i hope i have not lost it permanently.

russ_watters
Mentor
If the camera didn't yell at you to tell you the card was full, you should be ok.

wolram
Gold Member
If the camera didn't yell at you to tell you the card was full, you should be ok.
No, no warnings, but the previous pic i thought i had loaded is not there now either, may be they are loading to a different folder?

matthyaouw
Gold Member
My camera software dumps pictures in "shared pictures" rather than "my pictures" by default. Try there?

If not, select search from the start menu. Search for pictures and on the advanced options set the 'last modified' dates to either the day you transferred the pictures or the day you took them, then just search for *
That should bring up any pictures created or modified on the date you specify, so your photos should be there somewhere.

Hope you find them.

Last edited:
wolram
Gold Member
My camera software dumps pictures in "shared pictures" rather than "my pictures" by default. Try there?

If not, select search from the start menu. Search for pictures and on the advanced options set the 'last modified' dates to either the day you transferred the pictures or the day you took them, then just search for *
That should bring up any pictures created or modified on the date you specify, so your photos should be there somewhere.

Hope you find them.
Thanks mathyaouw, i will try that later.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Maybe you saved them on Evo's computer...the one that went kerplooey. The two of you should definitely not be allowed on the same continent. :biggrin:

most have a similar 'name' before renaming with the usual extension---mvcxxx.jpg or dscxxx.jpg ---do a 'file find' for the name --like a search for mvc*.jpg----

wolram
Gold Member
Maybe you saved them on Evo's computer...the one that went kerplooey. The two of you should definitely not be allowed on the same continent. :biggrin:
Well i think that is a bit austerulous calling me a danger to continents.
I am sure Evo would not harm them either.