Where have you guys been?

turbo
Gold Member
I think a bunch of people are coming back to PF for the summer.

P.S. I havn't posted a photo, am I long-term member?
Only 2781 posts? You're still a newbie (as am I!):biggrin:

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
I think a bunch of people are coming back to PF for the summer.

P.S. I havn't posted a photo, am I long-term member?
Yeah, I suppose you're right. You did a post a link to your MySpace profile once, though, and that had pictures of you on it.

honestrosewater
Gold Member
The pictures that I was talking about are like the ones on http://www.okcupid.com/profile?u=NoseRoseToes" [Broken]. Heh, it looks quite odd now that I look at it from... this site. It's not a terribly serious depiction of me. I keep having to add more to try to scare away some of the nice innocents who I fear are not prepared for my weirdness.

I was very sad in some of them. I think that's why I like them.

Those pictures aren't even so great, and they're from a while ago, January, I think. I took them before I read the manual, so I didn't know how to adjust everything, and they were all not focused so well and quite overexposed, so I had to play with their histograms a lot. Anyway, yeah, I don't like taking pictures of myself. :blushing: I don't like it a lot. Well, I like it in that I can be creative and expressive with it, but, yeah, I don't really like showing them to people. It's weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
The pictures that I was talking about are like the ones on http://www.okcupid.com/profile?u=NoseRoseToes" [Broken].
Very nice pictures, hrw. You are quite attractive, very beautiful I might say, and have a very interesting mind. :approve: :cool:

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Those pictures aren't even so great, and they're from a while ago, January, I think.
I'm sure you've changed tremendously in the four months since then. You're an 82% match for me.

Oh yeah, Prufrock is my favorite poem.

Last edited:
honestrosewater
Gold Member
I remember your avatar. :smile:
I cropped it from http://www.artrenewal.org/asp/database/image.asp?id=13831" [Broken] by Gerard Dou. He is one of my favorites. I love the light of the Dutch Masters. I've thought about changing it since some people think that it's me, but I really like it. Perhaps I could compromise and make a picture of myself that looks the same.

Astronuc said:
Very nice pictures, hrw. You are quite attractive, very beautiful I might say, and have a very interesting mind.
Thanks. Yeah, I'm nuts. It's okay, you can say it. :biggrin:

loseyourname said:
I'm sure you've changed tremendously in the four months since then.
I cut my hair much shorter.

You're an 82% match for me.
That doesn't surprise me at all; I already know their matching algorithm doesn't work. Who are you there?

Oh yeah, Prufrock is my favorite poem.
Prufrock is my favorite poem now too. You are the one who introduced me to it. I have also grown quite fond of Sad-eyed Lady of the Lowlands.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
hrw said:
Yeah, I'm nuts. It's okay, you can say it.
I didn't say that. I don't think you're nuts. And I would agree with Danger on the super-amazingness. :smile:

honestrosewater
Gold Member
I didn't say that. I don't think you're nuts. And I would agree with Danger on the super-amazingness. :smile:
Yeah, I was just teasing. I'm still trying to figure out what having sexy ears is secret code for.

turbo
Gold Member
Yeah, I was just teasing. I'm still trying to figure out what having sexy ears is secret code for.
Sexy ears?! I can think of a dark-haired elf in LOTR that was pretty sweet. She said in later interviews that she always wanted to have pointy ears, and I think that she is gorgeous with them.

Last edited:
chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What are you hoping it means? :devil:

- Warren

Mk
The pictures that I was talking about are like the ones on http://www.okcupid.com/profile?u=NoseRoseToes" [Broken]. Heh, it looks quite odd now that I look at it from... this site. It's not a terribly serious depiction of me. I keep having to add more to try to scare away some of the nice innocents who I fear are not prepared for my weirdness.
Ok, so, wow :smile:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Sh!t, woman! Do you even know how much I have missed you? In my fascinating, enviable, hunch-backed and Igor-esque cog sci research assistant life, not a week goes by that I don't come across some tidbit that I wish to share/discuss with you.

Glad to see you, dear pal.

honestrosewater
Gold Member
What are you hoping it means? :devil:
Not sure. Do you have a thing for pixie nuns?

Mk said:
Ok, so, wow
You like my nested lists, Mk?

MIH said:
Sh!t, woman! Do you even know how much I have missed you? In my fascinating, enviable, hunch-backed and Igor-esque cog sci research assistant life, not a week goes by that I don't come across some tidbit that I wish to share/discuss with you.

Glad to see you, dear pal.
I was about to write you if you didn't come down here tonight. I missed you tons. I've seen you in the programming section and wanted to ask how school was going, but you seem so busy, and I always end up opting not to disturb you. I do the same when I see a cool linguistics story relating to cog sci or animal communication. I'm glad you're still around. :biggrin:

Lisa!
Gold Member
Yay!

Welcome back, honestrosewater!:smile:

Mk
You like my nested lists, Mk?
Oh yes, your sarcasm and cleverness is quite exquisite too :smile:

honestrosewater
Gold Member
Yay!

Welcome back, honestrosewater!:smile:
Hey, Lisa!! Did I hear right, that you might have found your dream man?

Mk said:
Oh yes, your sarcasm and cleverness is quite exquisite too
Why, thank you. Since when are you in Florida? I thought you lived in Guam.

Lisa!
Gold Member
He and dduardo disappeared together. I still suspect it has something to do with penguin mating season. :tongue:
I still don't know dduardo is f or m!:tongue:

Hey, Lisa!! Did I hear right, that you might have found your dream man?
Sorta!:wink:
Well, my dream man is only good for dreams and it's impossible to live with such a guy because of his attitudes . I've been always sure of that. So my bf can't be exactly like my dream man since he seems to be good for real life but he has alot in common with my dream man!

BTW, you look very cute!:smile: I saw your pic a few weeks ago when I was cheking your profile .

honestrosewater
Gold Member
I still don't know dduardo is f or m!:tongue:
We know you look at his pictures all the time, don't lie. :tongue2:
Sorta!:wink:
Well, my dream man is only good for dreams and it's impossible to live with such a guy because of his attitudes . I've been always sure of that. So my bf can't be exactly like my dream man since he seems to be good for real life but he has alot in common with my dream man!
Haha, good point.
BTW, you look very cute!:smile: I saw your pic a few weeks ago when I was cheking your profile .
Thanks. Tell all the studs you know. :wink:

radou
Homework Helper
I totally second that. :approve:

Well, after I looked at your profile, I guess it's the same effect as if Lisa! already told someone. :wink:

P.S. btw honestrosewater, for some reason, until now I thought you were a male. :biggrin:

honestrosewater
Gold Member
P.S. btw honestrosewater, for some reason, until now I thought you were a male. :biggrin:
Thanks. Several people have mistaken me for a man around here. I figure it's because I know everything, which is something a lot of men pretend to do. :tongue2:

radou
Homework Helper
Thanks. Several people have mistaken me for a man around here. I figure it's because I know everything, which is something a lot of men pretend to do. :tongue2:
How do I know you're not pretending too, huh? :tongue2:

honestrosewater
Gold Member
How do I know you're not pretending too, huh? :tongue2:
I'm honest. It says so in my name.

radou
Homework Helper
OK, I believe you.

And btw, what's with that sexist men-pretend-to-know-everything comments? :biggrin:

Lisa!
Gold Member
We know you look at his pictures all the time, don't lie. :tongue2:
It didn't help at all though but thankfully your post did!:biggrin:

Other than you, who else knows that??:uhh: :uhh:

hmmm...should I tell them that they have to wait till the next 6 years ?

:rofl:
I thought the same at 1st! You know sometimes people who meet me online accuse me of being a man but I guess that's becuase I'm a bit rude and cold with people whom I don't feel good about them for some reasons!

It also says you're a rosewater!!!

radou
Homework Helper
hmmm...should I tell them that they have to wait till the next 6 years ?
Why? Did her horoscope say that she'll meet her prince on a white horse exactly in 6 years, or is she in a relationship which will end exactly in 6 years? :biggrin: