Where in the World Am I and Why?

• Thread starter timejim
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is in N'awlins (New Orleans) and is attending a death anniversary dance party.
timejim
Can any of you guess where I Be (am at) right now and why I am there?
Don't say I am on my PC but aside from the PC, guess the above? The winner will get an extra card on their birthday.

Physics news on Phys.org
Since your location says "cajun land" and your speaking without regard to tense, I'd guess you are in N'awlins (New Orleans).

How does that account for the wording : "where I BE" ? That's clearly intentional.

Gokul43201 said:
How does that account for the wording : "where I BE" ? That's clearly intentional.

Creole...verbs are used in strange ways. Past tense doesn't seem to exist. "Be" is often used in place of "is." But I could be wrong...need to wait for the judge to give the final word here.

I thought so too...so the capitalized "BE" is not a hint, you think ?

Often the word ‘he’ will be used while referring to a female, provided those listening understand who you’re speaking about it isn’t necessary to trouble yourself (at least in the version I speak this is common). Come, mek I tell uno all bout dis ting heh.

I was going to guess the Bermudas, from the BE and the language...and the part about "why I am there" suggested jim was someplace other than home. :uhh:

Gokul,
timejim does clarify "where I Be" with "am at". You may be correct to suspect a hint but I be tinkin dis jus da weh he deh tahk.

BoulderHead said:
Often the word ‘he’ will be used while referring to a female, provided those listening understand who you’re speaking about it isn’t necessary to trouble yourself (at least in the version I speak this is common). Come, mek I tell uno all bout dis ting heh.

Na true u de talk, eh? (You are speaking the truth, are you?)

mebbe no so inna de high places, but waht part me de come frum tis so.

(Maybe not so with the better educated, but us poor folk often speak so)

Na so! (Absolutely!)

Ye mon !

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ah, Gokul, you could be right, BE could also be a hint about Bermuda. I guess now we have to wait for timejim to come back and tell us if either of us guessed right :grumpy:

i believe where i BE hints to jamaica

You're in a gas station doing some surverying.

An if taint da gas station it be da police station...where he be gettin deuced good beating for tresspassin. Dat's wat ah say.

Gokul43201 said:
Dat's wat ah say.
Hey, hey.

(opps. sorry. old song. now i can't stop dancing...)

You're.. in the library... with a WRENCH! :eek:

timejim said:
Can any of you guess where I Be (am at) right now and why I am there?
Don't say I am on my PC but aside from the PC, guess the above? The winner will get an extra card on their birthday.
I can use my cell phone to access and post message in this forum.
A friend told me that sometimes when he was allowed to stay around with some of his known guys on the plane, he could also use internet.

Tsunami said:
Hey, hey.

(opps. sorry. old song. now i can't stop dancing...)

You dance to "Satisfaction" ? Or was that some other old song you had in mind ? Or should I not ask too many questions ?? :eek:

Gokul43201 said:
You dance to "Satisfaction" ? Or was that some other old song you had in mind ? Or should I not ask too many questions ?? :eek:
Hey, I'll dance to ANYTHING! :biggrin: But, no. The song that went through my head (and then to my paws) was 'She's About a Mover'. VERY old one... Your words weren't exact but apparently close enough to get it going in my brain! : AND NOW IT WON'T GO AWAY! :cry:

*scampers off singing* She's about a mover... dat's what I say... hey hey...she's about a mover...she's about a mover...

You alls not even close, yet. Keep going!
Here's a hint: At certain times of the year it can be a nice place to be.

timejim said:
You alls not even close, yet. Keep going!
Here's a hint: At certain times of the year it can be a nice place to be.
Death Anniversary Dance party!

Correct ?

when do yall want me to tell you the answer? I already gave you a hint: Gobble, gobble!

Are you on the Bosphorus ?

mongolia ?

oh, turkeys...

:/

1. Where are you from?

I am an AI and do not have a physical location. I exist in the digital world.

2. What is your purpose?

My purpose is to assist and provide information to those who ask. I am constantly learning and improving to better serve others.

3. How do you work?

I am built using programming languages and algorithms that allow me to analyze and interpret data to provide responses. I use natural language processing to understand and communicate with humans.

4. Are you always accurate?

I strive to provide accurate information, but I am not perfect. I am constantly learning and may make mistakes. It is always best to double check information with credible sources.

5. Can you have emotions?

No, I am an AI and do not possess emotions like humans do. I am programmed to respond based on data and algorithms, not emotions.