Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where is Integral?

1. May 10, 2005 #1

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I am traveling, and through the magic of hotel room broadband and a laptop am able to be here just like I was at home.

Your Quest, should you choose to accept it to figure out where I am. I will post a few images, if you can figure out, from the images where I am. Well , you win, I guess?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope that this is not to obvious,

BTW Mentors and Tsu are disqualified...They know :smile:

If nobody gets it tonight I'll post more tomorrow.

2. jcsd
  3. May 10, 2005 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I am accepting bribes for hints. :biggrin:

4. May 10, 2005 #3

Danger

Gold Member

How on earth am I ever supposed to find you if you don't put on your glasses and woolly hat?

5. May 10, 2005 #4

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I dont have striped shirt either!

6. May 10, 2005 #5

Danger

Gold Member

Well, I give up then. All I can say for sure is that you're not anywhere within 4 blocks of my house.

7. May 10, 2005 #6

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ya... I am not in Canada... That narrows it down a bit!

8. May 10, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I can't even figure out what that third picture might be. Pretty pastels. At least I can tell the first one is some sort of sign or emblem, possibly a hotel logo. The second one is a lamp, that I can tell, no idea of its specific significance or location, but at least I know what it is. But that last one I haven't a clue. The colors remind me of a Japanese garden, but it could be anything.

Edit: And as if by magic, another picture appears.

9. May 10, 2005 #8

Danger

Gold Member

My first thought was also an Oriental scene of some sort, and we can't both be wrong. :uhh:

Is that first one Art Deco?

10. May 10, 2005 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know, but the one with the yellow letters on blue background keeps doing a strange disappearing act. It'll show up, then go away, then show up as a partial image, then overlap with something else. Everytime I reload the page, I get something different on that one.

11. May 10, 2005 #10

SOS2008

Gold Member

Maybe a House of Blues Hotel? Loved the one in Chicago--pretty funky and cool!

12. May 10, 2005 #11

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Not right yet, I wish it were a House of Blues,,,, Though I think there is one near by, I have not been there.

13. May 10, 2005 #12

Danger

Gold Member

I think the problem's at your end of the line. It's stable here. It can't even be a Mac related problem either, 'cause I'm on a G3.

Do you remember what the signage looked like? The blue/yellow thing could say 'blues'. The top one, though, is an 'R' linked with 2 'P's or 'D's or 'B's.

edit: Okay, the old fart sneaked in while I was composing that. So, is House of Blues international? If there's one nearby, does that mean he's still in the US?

Last edited: May 10, 2005
  14. May 10, 2005 #13

James R

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Looks like Disneyland to me.

15. May 10, 2005 #14

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I get no respect around here, :tongue:

16. May 10, 2005 #15

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

It's all greek to me.

17. May 10, 2005 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I was starting to wonder if it was Disney too, just to rub it in on us Disney lovers!

18. May 10, 2005 #17

SOS2008

Gold Member

Maybe Los Angeles, possibly New Orleans...Oh I know Las Vegas! Nah, you probably wouldn't be in your room if you were. :confused:

19. May 10, 2005 #18
    Are you thinking the House of Blues in New Orleans?

20. May 10, 2005 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, wait! That's a collage of portraits or something like that. I can see now it has faces on it...people.

21. May 10, 2005 #20

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I missed this post! Bingo, we have a winner.

here is the rest of the story
    [​IMG]

They have put up a series of Photomosics, eack is several feet on a side and consists of about 7000 images from the last 50yrs at Disneyland
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have been thinking about this thread all day long, Zz's post about Disneyworld pushed it over the edge.
    Good call JamesR, kinka curious, what gave it away?

edit: Oh,yeah the Astro blaster, is a new ride in Tomorrow land, It is on the order of Roger Rabit, but each cart has a pair of Laser Guns, you shoot at targets mounted on the walls and characters in the ride, you get points and a score is kept on the dash of your cart. We went in betting it would be a loser, but went around for a second run. Tnat is the nice thing about DL at this time of year, combined with a threat of rain.. 5 -10min waits for most rides. Good fun

Last edited: May 10, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?