Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where Is My Minion

1. Jul 3, 2005 #1
    Where Is My Minion!?

Seriously, any news on what Franznietzsche has been up to these last three weeks? It's like he just forgot about PF suddenly. And damnit, I need him to help me set up my Ninja guild to rival the Gale's Pirates.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 3, 2005 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

4. Jul 3, 2005 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

I still don't get how anyone can remember how to spell, or pronounce franz's name....

5. Jul 3, 2005 #4
    his name is just Franz (as in Franz Kafka) and Nietzsche (as in Friedrich Nietzsche). Franznietzsche. They're his two favorite philosopher's.

Franz is pronounced like France, but with a z at the end. Nietzsche is more complicated. It's kinda like Knee-Cha. So it's Fran-z-knee-cha (it's a soft 'a')

(see my awsome phonic skillz)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2005
  6. Jul 3, 2005 #5

Astronuc

Franznietzsche is pronounced as in standard German.

It comes from Franz Kafka and Friedrich Nietzsche, IIRC - from the username etymology thread.

7. Jul 3, 2005 #6

Astronuc

Actually Knee-Cha is closer.

8. Jul 3, 2005 #7

JamesU

Gold Member

shouldn't there be a question mark in this threads' title? 'where' is specifying a question. like my first sentance. it starts with shouldn't, which in most to all cases, specifies a question ;) a little 4th grade grammar for you there.

9. Jul 3, 2005 #8
    No, it's more of an exclamation than a question. I don't actually expect anyone to tell me anything I don't already know, partly hoping this thread might get his attention and he'll post so we can re-start our plot for world domination.

--
    What are we going to do tonight Smurf?

Same thing we do every night Franzy, try to take over the world!

10. Jul 3, 2005 #9

JamesU

Gold Member

you can still have an exclamitory question...just because it is more exclamitory does not excuse it from being a question.

11. Jul 3, 2005 #10
    Well if your going to get picky about it. :mad:

12. Jul 3, 2005 #11

JamesU

Gold Member

then what, will you change the title? cry to Evo? go to school? :biggrin:

I still find it amazing that alot of the incredibly intelligent people at PF still can't spell or demonstrate proper sentance structure :confused:

13. Jul 3, 2005 #12
    Speaking of which; sentence is spelled with two 'e's, they start with a capital letter and end with a period, understand? burn?

14. Jul 3, 2005 #13

JamesU

Gold Member

hmmm......

15. Jul 3, 2005 #14
    Yeah, and 'a lot' is two words..

:smile:

16. Jul 3, 2005 #15
    Damnit! missed that.

17. Jul 3, 2005 #16

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Have you never heard of the interabang? It is a combination of an exclamation mark and a question mark, used in the exact situation you have. Since the symbol does not appear on the keyboard it is a composite made like this .~^

18. Jul 3, 2005 #17
    Have now. What does this mean?:

19. Jul 3, 2005 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There's a picture here: http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery...&linktext=<SPAN class="kw">interrobang</SPAN>

Though, they say you can use an exclamation point and question mark both at the end in place of the interrobang. As in, "You said what?!"

20. Jul 3, 2005 #19

"You're" not "your." If you can expand the sentence to "Well, if you are going to get picky about it" then you know that the word is a contraction, and not a possessive.

:devil:

21. Jul 3, 2005 #20

Evo

Poor Smurf.

I still love you Smurf. I know you're just having an off night.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?