Where's Franznietzsche?: The Search for a Missing Minion

• Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
In summary, Franznietzsche has not posted anything on PF in the last three weeks and Smurf is worried. They plan to take over the world as usual.
Smurf
Where Is My Minion!?

Seriously, any news on what Franznietzsche has been up to these last three weeks? It's like he just forgot about PF suddenly. And damnit, I need him to help me set up my Ninja guild to rival the Gale's Pirates.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I still don't get how anyone can remember how to spell, or pronounce franz's name...

his name is just Franz (as in Franz Kafka) and Nietzsche (as in Friedrich Nietzsche). Franznietzsche. They're his two favorite philosopher's.

Franz is pronounced like France, but with a z at the end. Nietzsche is more complicated. It's kinda like Knee-Cha. So it's Fran-z-knee-cha (it's a soft 'a')

(see my awsome phonic skillz)

Last edited:
Franznietzsche is pronounced as in standard German.

It comes from Franz Kafka and Friedrich Nietzsche, IIRC - from the username etymology thread.

Smurf said:
Nietzsche is more complicated. It's kinda like Knee-Chee.
Actually Knee-Cha is closer.

shouldn't there be a question mark in this threads' title? 'where' is specifying a question. like my first sentance. it starts with shouldn't, which in most to all cases, specifies a question ;) a little 4th grade grammar for you there.

No, it's more of an exclamation than a question. I don't actually expect anyone to tell me anything I don't already know, partly hoping this thread might get his attention and he'll post so we can re-start our plot for world domination.

--
What are we going to do tonight Smurf?

Same thing we do every night Franzy, try to take over the world!

you can still have an exclamitory question...just because it is more exclamitory does not excuse it from being a question.

Well if your going to get picky about it. :mad:

then what, will you change the title? cry to Evo? go to school? :biggrin:

I still find it amazing that a lot of the incredibly intelligent people at PF still can't spell or demonstrate proper sentance structure :confused:

yomamma said:
then what, will you change the title? cry to Evo? go to school? :biggrin:

I still find it amazing that a lot of the incredibly intelligent people at PF still can't spell or demonstrate proper sentance structure :confused:
Speaking of which; sentence is spelled with two 'e's, they start with a capital letter and end with a period, understand? burn?

hmmm...

Yeah, and 'a lot' is two words..

:smile:

Damnit! missed that.

Smurf said:
No, it's more of an exclamation than a question. I don't actually expect anyone to tell me anything I don't already know, partly hoping this thread might get his attention and he'll post so we can re-start our plot for world domination.

--
What are we going to do tonight Smurf?

Same thing we do every night Franzy, try to take over the world!
Have you never heard of the interabang? It is a combination of an exclamation mark and a question mark, used in the exact situation you have. Since the symbol does not appear on the keyboard it is a composite made like this .~^

Integral said:
Have you never heard of the interabang? It is a combination of an exclamation mark and a question mark, used in the exact situation you have.
Have now. What does this mean?:
it is a composite made like this .~^

Integral said:
Have you never heard of the interabang? It is a combination of an exclamation mark and a question mark, used in the exact situation you have. Since the symbol does not appear on the keyboard it is a composite made like this .~^

There's a picture here: http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery;jsessionid=15isch2gsm42q?method=4&dsid=1555&dekey=I0197000&gwp=8&curtab=1555_1&sbid=lc01a&linktext=%3CSPAN%20class%3D%22kw%22%3Einterrobang%3C%2FSPAN%3E

Though, they say you can use an exclamation point and question mark both at the end in place of the interrobang. As in, "You said what?!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Smurf said:
Well if your going to get picky about it. :mad:

"You're" not "your." If you can expand the sentence to "Well, if you are going to get picky about it" then you know that the word is a contraction, and not a possessive.

:devil:

Poor Smurf.

I still love you Smurf. I know you're just having an off night.

It's just the freakin internet isn't it‽

---edit---
Meh... the interrobang code doesn't work. :frown:

It worked...I see it.

Hmmm... must be this browser then.

Oh, and I just realized that I should probably clarify I was referring to the argument about spelling and punctuation and not you wondering where Franz is Smurf.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Hmmm... must be this browser then.

Oh, and I just realized that I should probably clarify I was referring to the argument about spelling and punctuation and not you wondering where Franz is Smurf.
I thought you were just writing any sentence where you could try the interrobang code.

TheStatutoryApe said:
It's just the freakin internet isn't it!?

LOL.

Check out the .mp3. (warning anti-Bush but hilarious)

http://www.folkmusic.com/MP3/Hail%20to%20the%20Chief.mp3

It's not just the freakin' internet, it's communication, damnit, it's the one feature our species has that allows science, art, technology, and dominance over other species.

"Is our children learning?"

Smurf said:
Seriously, any news on what Franznietzsche has been up to these last three weeks? It's like he just forgot about PF suddenly. And damnit, I need him to help me set up my Ninja guild to rival the Gale's Pirates.
You expect him to post here after they killed his son,Franzbear! :bugeye:

Lisa! said:
You expect him to post here after they killed his son,Franzbear! :bugeye:
I'm still here! He was too drunk to even remember Franzbear being created! :grumpy:

this isn't going anywhere good :uhh:

Patty said:
It's not just the freakin' internet, it's communication, damnit, it's the one feature our species has that allows science, art, technology, and dominance over other species.
Social communication shouldn't be bogged down by all the rules. Well.. ebonics drives me bonkers, but other than that. Maybe I'm just fussing because my grammar and spelling are not always the best. :wink:

1. Where can I find "Where's Franznietzsche?"

You can find "Where's Franznietzsche?" at your local bookstore or online on websites such as Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

2. Is "Where's Franznietzsche?" a true story?

No, "Where's Franznietzsche?" is a work of fiction.

3. Who is the author of "Where's Franznietzsche?"

The author of "Where's Franznietzsche?" is unknown as it is written under a pseudonym.

4. What age group is "Where's Franznietzsche?" suitable for?

"Where's Franznietzsche?" is suitable for readers ages 8 and up.

5. Is there a sequel to "Where's Franznietzsche?"

There are currently no plans for a sequel to "Where's Franznietzsche?", but the author may continue the story in the future.