Help Solve Physics Problem: Where is My Mistake?

• Thread starter vancalar
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mistake
In summary, the author is a complete amateur who has trouble understanding quantum mechanics. He suggests that someone who is good at physics should study quantum mechanics further to understand what the author is trying to say.
vancalar
Hello, i got some problem with my recent findings, i like physics but i am complete amateur. I work as informatics, and it came to me lately.
It's so obvious that it HAD to be found before and excluded. So i presume i am just stupid and ignorant :) Can You help me with that ?

i took some assumption.
If You suppose, that electron is actually a wave that carries INFORMATION about it's movement, mass, etc
and atom works like machine that CREATES electron in case there is interaction with its wave , wouldn't it easilly describe
all quantum mechanics "miracles" like corpuscular-wave dualism, or two-slot Young/Dawisson experiment.
E.G. In two slots experiment electron acts as wave, but if you put geiger meter at each slot, wave function "breaks".
In my assumption, geiger's meter atom RECEIVES the wave and DECODES info about electron, moving on,
IF electron has been detected by geiger at slot A, it CAN'T go thru slot B so atom at geiger's A SHOULD encode that information into the wave.
So it's precise location is from that moment known.
Otherwise, where there AREN'T any atoms "on the way", "decoding" information carried by electron's wave takes place at first atom on the wall behind slots,
that that wave reaches. It can just "recreate" electron, placing it's e.g. according to phase of incoming wave.
Help please? Anyone ? :)
It takes away any "quantum miracles" but tells us really strange things alongs the way.

Physics news on Phys.org
The existing theory of quantum mechanics does all that and more. I suggest you study quantum mechanics, and when you've mastered that, try and express your theory in the proper way, if it is different.

What you're talking about sounds _roughly_ like Professor Cramer's "Transactional Interpretation". Google that and see what you think.

Otherwise I'm sorry to say I don't understand what you mean. :)

Can u tell me in simple words what u want to know. i will surely help u with reasoning...
the only thing i could understand from dis text is dat u are confused about QUANTUM NUMBERS telling the complete address of an electron-DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY..
Take care...

1. What is the first step in solving a physics problem?

The first step in solving a physics problem is to carefully read and understand the problem. Make sure to identify what is given and what is being asked, and try to visualize the situation.

2. How do I check my work for mistakes?

To check for mistakes, it is important to go back and review each step of your solution. Make sure your calculations are correct and that you have used the correct formulas. You can also try plugging your final answer back into the original problem to see if it makes sense.

3. What are common mistakes to look out for in physics problems?

Some common mistakes include using the wrong units, rounding errors, and forgetting to include all relevant variables. It is also important to check for errors in algebraic manipulation and in applying the correct laws and principles.

4. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in physics?

Practice is key to improving your problem-solving skills in physics. Try to work through a variety of problems, and don't be afraid to ask for help when needed. It can also be helpful to break down complex problems into smaller, more manageable parts.

5. What should I do if I can't find my mistake?

If you are unable to find your mistake, try working through the problem again, double-checking each step. You can also ask a classmate or teacher for assistance. Remember to stay calm and take your time while problem-solving.