Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where is our Tribdog?

1. May 17, 2005 #1
    Where is our Tribdog??

Seriously, does anyone know? I miss the bugger, good times we had the last few months before he disappeared. Where did he go? I hope it wasn't that check business...

2. jcsd
  3. May 17, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! You apparently need to catch up on some reading too! He's been around since this weekend.

4. May 17, 2005 #3

OH thank goodness, i was really starting to worry that Danger would get the pink ribbon this year, that would have been a tragedy.

Really though, glad to hear that.

5. May 17, 2005 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, I still think Danger is going to give him a run for his money on the pink ribbon this year! And SOS and Huck and Artman! A lot of strong candidates this year. He's not going to be able to count on incumbency status this time around.

6. May 17, 2005 #5

Yeah, but he has to be here to win.

7. May 17, 2005 #6
    I personally will be voting for Tribdog purely because I don't like any of the other possible candidates.

8. May 17, 2005 #7
    I'm voting for Smurf, because I hear he looks good in pink. :tongue:

9. May 17, 2005 #8

Danger

Gold Member

I'm going for Franz, because he has an incredible talent for being funny without meaning to be.

10. May 17, 2005 #9

Evo

Staff: Mentor

You guys are forgetting that the mentors decide who gets on the list. You can't vote for someone that's not on the list. (no write ins)

Funny, I haven't seen any chocolate or King Crab leg deliveries yet. I guess we may not have a "funniest member" category for 2005. tsk, tsk

11. May 17, 2005 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

*Calls Paris*
    *I thought I %^#@& told you it was supposed to be a daily delivery! No, no, no, I specifically told you the address was Choosemenow, WI, NOT Cheesemenow! :mad: :grumpy: :mad: Heads will roll if she doesn't get those deliveries resumed immediately!"

*Calls Alaska*
    "Hi, are king crab legs in season?"

:biggrin:

12. May 17, 2005 #11
    *The violins play as The Bob stands on the stage waiting for silence ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Still waiting
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Still waiting
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    'SHUT UP!!!'*

I had a vote in that once. But now I am just not found funny anymore so I will have no chance this year (although, honesty, I will never have a chance :tongue2:. Too many funny people around :biggrin:).

*Violin players stop and kick The Bob for wasting their time with the pathetic story. The Bob laughs and finds it funny because he knows they are not going to get payed.*

The Bob (2004 ©)

Last edited: May 17, 2005
  13. May 17, 2005 #12
    For my money, the very funniest things said here have come out of the mouths of people who aren't always trying to be funny. You see a post by tribdog and you know instantly it is going to be a wisecrack of some kind. You're already innoculated. That's why the things that have made me laugh hardest were the ones I wasn't expecting. You may be surprised but no one has made me laugh harder and taken me by surprise more often than Ivan Seeking. In the same vein, Evo has a finely honed instinct about when to hit you by surprise with a crack you weren't expecting at all.Artman's Rhinoceros thread was the same thing; it seemed to come out of nowhere. As for people who are quick to quip, the ones you expect it from, no one gives me the giggles more than Math Is Hard. Then, of course, there's plover.

14. May 17, 2005 #13
    *Huckleberry stuffs more chocolate in his mouth*
    For some reason I keep getting these daily deliveries of chocolate and crab legs. I've eaten most of the chocolate, but I can't stand crab legs. I'm running out of room in the fridge.

15. May 17, 2005 #14

Evo

Staff: Mentor

My mistake, it appears that the only member up for the "funniest member" award is Moonbear! :biggrin:

Cheesemenow :rofl:

16. May 17, 2005 #15

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Alas? :uhh:

17. May 17, 2005 #16
    What about Gale? She always makes me laugh. I can actually hear what she's saying by the way she writes. And Pillow Head! C'mon, how can anyone beat that? :rofl:

zooby is clever and funny too. There are several layers of humor in his jokes. He can spin a good yarn too. :biggrin:

18. May 17, 2005 #17
    It's true. You sneak up on people with your jokes.

19. May 17, 2005 #18
    Zooby is very funny, so is Gale, and you are also.

I put these two phrases together in my head and thought, "It must be hard to run with crab legs." :rofl:

20. May 17, 2005 #19
    He's snuck up behind me a few times too... :uhh: I mean Yes, he's very funny. :biggrin:

21. May 17, 2005 #20
    It's not that hard if Evo is chasing you with a mallet and a fork, wearing a bib. And it makes it a lot easier to scuttle sideways through the doorways.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?