Where Did Our Tribdog Go? Exam Tips for Sleep-Deprived Students

• Thread starter franznietzsche
  • Start date
In summary: Even Danger can't top Math when it comes to one liners. So in summation, if you're looking for someone to give you a good laugh, you'd be better off hunting around elsewhere.
Huckleberry said:
What about Gale? She always makes me laugh. I can actually hear what she's saying by the way she writes. And Pillow Head! C'mon, how can anyone beat that? :rofl:

zooby is clever and funny too. There are several layers of humor in his jokes. He can spin a good yarn too. :biggrin:

hmm... i vote Huck has good taste... cause zooby is like my favorite! ...and i think I'm sort of cool too...

At any rate, isn't it early to be thinking about ribbons? isn't that for later on in the year?

franznietzsche said:
Glad to know you're still around. Didn't want to be stuck with Danger for the rest of my forum life.
I TOTALLY AGREE! though I'm hoping i'll just outlive danger anyways... mmmm... i'll have many sweet pf years once he's...er... gone.

Physics news on Phys.org
stop hurting his feelings people, danger is da bomb.. http://www.cafe18.uni.cc/style_emoticons/xmb/dance.gif

klusener said:
stop hurting his feelings people, danger is da bomb.. http://www.cafe18.uni.cc/style_emoticons/xmb/dance.gif

aye... let's not get too excited there bub. danger's... erm... a guy... but da bomb? i hope this isn't the start of some... danger fanclub or something...

klusener said:
That's a cute smilie. :approve:

Tribdog has stiff competition this year. Danger is good, and as soon as my shipment of chocolate and king crab legs arrive, or he starts some serious brown nosing, he will make the list. :tongue2:

Hey, what's wrong with Danger? I like Danger because he's funny in his own right. And he's just great to set up for jokes, which is even better.
Who wears velcro gloves on the sheep farm?
Danger
Who leads the neighborhood watch for aviator?
Danger
Who is Artman's best friend?
Danger
He's universal.

Huckleberry said:
Hey, what's wrong with Danger? I like Danger because he's funny in his own right. And he's just great to set up for jokes, which is even better.
Danger
Danger
Danger
He's universal.

Nobody will ever trump tribdog in my heart :biggrin:

Tribdog's been slacking off lately, I haven't read about a good explosion or fire related disaster in months. :zzz:

Evo said:
Tribdog's been slacking off lately, I haven't read about a good explosion or fire related disaster in months. :zzz:
Yep, keep checking the news, and no mountains have collapsed in AZ, no mushroom clouds sighted from his neck of the woods...he better start posting around here in doubletime if he thinks he's going to have a shot at that pink ribbon again this year! :tongue2:

Huckleberry said:
Danger
Danger
Danger
He's universal.
Danger is a clever guy. Who else would come up with the line velcro gloves on the sheep farm? :rofl:

We enjoy raggin' on one another. He takes a joke as well as he dishes them out.

Gale17 said:
hmm... i vote Huck has good taste... cause zooby is like my favorite!
You gave me such a case of the warm fuzzies that I laid down and slept like for hours like a baby. I am soooooooooo happy you hang around here!

tribdog said:
the files are about 900 Megs and it took me most of the day. It was extremely slow for a high speed connection, but 900 megs would have taken me about a month on my dial up.
Well, let's see... I have high-speed ADSL, but a 1Gb hard drive without a CD burner doesn't leave a lot of room. My high-capacity HD is in an 85mHz 7100/66 linked through AppleTalk. It would take at least a couple of days to transfer the stuff. :grumpy:
Thanks for the link, though. The bribe is rescinded. Welcome back.

franznietzsche said:
Didn't want to be stuck with Danger for the rest of my forum life. :rolleyes:
Get used to it, Junior. I ain't going anywhere.

Gale17 said:
I TOTALLY AGREE! though I'm hoping i'll just outlive danger anyways... mmmm... i'll have many sweet pf years once he's...er... gone.
You too.

klusener said:
danger is da bomb..
Thanks, but that ticking you hear is actually just my pacemaker acting up.

Evo said:
Danger is good, and as soon as my shipment of chocolate and king crab legs arrive
I've told you a dozen times that I lost your address.

Evo said:
or he starts some serious brown nosing
I might be nearsighted, but I'm not going to make that mistake again. :yuck:

Huckleberry said:
And he's just great to set up for jokes, which is even better.
I've found my niche.

Huckleberry said:
He's universal.
I am a fine disease that will only grow more insidious with time.

Artman said:
Danger is a clever guy. Who else would come up with the line velcro gloves on the sheep farm? :rofl:
Thanks, but credit where credit is due. That was Brewnog.

Artman said:
He takes a joke as well as he dishes them out.
Not much choice with the likes of you guys around. It's either that or run for my life.

zoobyshoe said:
I am soooooooooo happy you hang around here!
I used to think that, but I'm rapidly changing my opinion. Never cared much for Franz, though.

zoobyshoe said:
You gave me such a case of the warm fuzzies that I laid down and slept like for hours like a baby. I am soooooooooo happy you hang around here!

hehehe... aww... now I'm all warm and fuzzy! you're definately my favorite! i love my zooby!

oh... and erm... i er... I'm sorry danger... er, ya...

ANYways, speaking of trib, I'm also fond of him as well... though since his return he still hasn't really been around too much... its like, half-missing him... cause he's back... but only like, half-back...

Huckleberry said:
Danger
Danger
Danger
He's universal.
That's not universal, that's just Huckleberryversal. Just because he's the center of your world doesn't mean we have to like him any more.
creep

Smurf said:
That's not universal, that's just Huckleberryversal. Just because he's the center of your world doesn't mean we have to like him any more.
A half-dozen or so loyal friends is sufficient. Blue people weird me out anyhow. :eek:

Smurf said:
creep
You're really not very good at camouflage, you know. :tongue:

Danger said:
You're really not very good at camouflage, you know. :tongue:

Can you blame him, in those heels?

franznietzsche said:
Can you blame him, in those heels?
I thought he switched to pumps after that incident with the manhole cover. :confused:

Danger said:
I thought he switched to pumps after that incident with the manhole cover. :confused:

I'm a guy, since when am i supposed to know the difference?

franznietzsche said:
I'm a guy, since when am i supposed to know the difference?

I'm a girl... and I'm pretty sure i don't know the difference either...

Why does danger know so much about women's footwear?

Gale17 said:
I'm a girl... and I'm pretty sure i don't know the difference either...

Why does danger know so much about women's footwear?
:rofl: 'sperience. As those years of yours go by...franz will know what an 800 thread count pillow sham is too (you wait and see, heh-heh).

SOS2008 said:
:rofl: 'sperience. As those years of yours go by...franz will know what an 800 thread count pillow sham is too (you wait and see, heh-heh).

My lack of tolerance for nonsense and horse manure (figuratively speaking) forbids me from learning these things.

SOS2008 said:
:rofl: 'sperience.
Some not so good. Once you've danced with a couple of clumsy women in spike heels, you learn to check what they're wearing first. :eek:

Go to bed, Gale. You have a test tomorrow. You need sleep!

Math Is Hard said:
Go to bed, Gale. You have a test tomorrow. You need sleep!

I've been up since 8 this morning studying... I still don't have a clue about magnetism... I'm screwed... there's no point even waking up for my exam tomorrow... AUGH! I've left my room once all day... gah gah arg ah!

I think you should at least go try it! What do you have to lose? I think your prof was very nice to make you the offer that he did. Anyway, I'm pulling for you whatever you decide.

Gale17 said:
I've been up since 8 this morning studying... I still don't have a clue about magnetism... I'm screwed... there's no point even waking up for my exam tomorrow... AUGH! I've left my room once all day... gah gah arg ah!

Sleep! At this hour, you're not going to cram much more in, and if you're rested, you have a much better chance of remembering the stuff you do know, as well as having a clear head to have a shot at figuring out some of the ones you didn't fully study for. Eat a good breakfast, take a few deep breaths before the exam starts, and try your best to relax. Good luck!

Moonbear said:
Sleep! At this hour, you're not going to cram much more in, and if you're rested, you have a much better chance of remembering the stuff you do know, as well as having a clear head to have a shot at figuring out some of the ones you didn't fully study for. Eat a good breakfast, take a few deep breaths before the exam starts, and try your best to relax. Good luck!

PSSH... sleep... if i sleep, there is no way in hell i'll be able to wake up. Aside from the fact that my roommate just moved out with the only alarm clock... i wouldn't want to interrupt such well needed rest with a crummy physics final that I'm doomed to fail.

I really appreciate the support though... least i don't feel lonely... heh... for once horribly depressed, without lonliness... odd...

i've been doing very odd things all night... its funny what happens when you're sleep deprived. I should get some more sugar and caffine now...