Where is religion with no opposing postulate and theorem ?

In summary: And finally by his resurrection from the dead.Some Terrorists postulate that when they blow themselves up and take innocent people with them they will go to heaven and be joined by 71 virgins (or is it 77?)This is not a religion, it's a terrorist ideology. Religion is the belief in a supernatural being or beings. This ideology is based on the belief that by blowing themselves up and taking innocent people with them they will go to heaven and be joined by 71 virgins (or is it 77?). This is not a religion, it's a terrorist ideology. Religion is the belief in a supernatural being or beings.
b11ngoo

Then religion is true. Religion is proven by it's documented leaders.

Christ's postulate is he is the son of God, witnessed by God. Proven by his works to forgive sins and heal. And finally by his resurrection from the dead.

I want to see your postulate and theorem to show how all religion is false.

Physics news on Phys.org
russ_waters' proof might be that since jesus didn't go to the moon, that he didn't know what the hell he was talking about. i wonder if I'm right...

the way i see it, there are many different levels of consciousness:

10. Heaven Consciousness. Potentially, but not necessarily, uncontrollable, absolute bliss.

9. Near-Heaven Consciousness. Potentially, but not necessarily, uncontrollable, exceptional bliss.

8. Very High Consciousness. A very high degree of bliss and ecstasy.

7. Higher Consciousness. A high degree of bliss and very high degree of ecstasy.

6. Love Consciousness. Bliss and potentially, but not necessarily, uncontrollable, exceptional Love-state.

5. Absolute Peace Consciousness.

4. Burden Consciousness. Mild degree of encumbrance and disturbance of
Peace.

3. Dysteria Consciousness. Depression and potentially, but not necessarily, uncontrollable, disturbance of Peace.

2. Major Depression Consciousness. Major Depression and potentially, but not
necessarily, uncontrollable, high degree of disturbance of Peace.

1. Extreme Depression Consciousness. Extreme Depression and potentially, but
not necessarily, uncontrollable, extreme degree of disturbance of Peace.

0. Hell Consciousness. Absolute Depression and potentially, but
not necessarily, uncontrollable, absolute of disturbance of Peace.

and my hypothesis is that jesus knew them all too well (for his own damn good, i might add)! :P

and even though he didn't go to the moon, he did go to everyplace within himself to search for the kingdom of God.

whether he's the son of God i don't know for sure. i don't even know if i believe in jesus; i never met him face to face. that would prove that to me; that is the where the bar is in my book on that issue. the bar is arbitraily set by us.

may your journey be graceful

Last edited:
Originally posted by b11ngoo

Then religion is true. Religion is proven by it's documented leaders.

Christ's postulate is he is the son of God, witnessed by God. Proven by his works to forgive sins and heal. And finally by his resurrection from the dead.

I AM THE SON OF GOD! I AM THE WAY! I AM TRUTH!

now if that gets published in the NY Times, am i the new religious leader?

if so, please send all donations, no better yet, YOU WILL send donations to me care of physicsforums. we'll invest in art and buildings and you can come and have an audience, if you can afford it.

bless you all,

you'll have to do something a bit more drammatic to end up in NY times, my friend.

consider the "phoenix effect." so if a butterfly effects a tornado, what does a TORNADO effect?

Originally posted by phoenixthoth
you'll have to do something a bit more drammatic to end up in NY times, my friend.

consider the "phoenix effect." so if a butterfly effects a tornado, what does a TORNADO effect?

duh? the universe, silly goose!

peace,

ps: don't think there is any state of bliss or heaven or hell, sorry.

Originally posted by olde drunk
duh? the universe, silly goose!

peace,

ps: don't think there is any state of bliss or heaven or hell, sorry.

i forgive you. :P

Your question implies that you believe that all religions are true which is false.

The possabilities are, Christianity, Muslim, Buddhism, Hinduism, Hare Chrishna, Greek Gods, Roman Gods, Celtic Gods, Viking Gods, Oprah, Devil worship, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. In the mind of the believer there can only be one true religion, therefore all religions are false...

Some Terrorists postulate that when they blow themselves up and take innocent people with them they will go to heaven and be joined by 71 virgins (or is it 77?)

Christ never postulated, other people did many years after his death.

actually, my friend told me that jesus always referred to himself as the son of man. so do you see someplace in the bible where it says that he says he's the son of God?

Originally posted by Omni

Some Terrorists postulate that when they blow themselves up and take innocent people with them they will go to heaven and be joined by 71 virgins (or is it 77?)

Christ never postulated, other people did many years after his death.

all religions are valid. they serve the purpose of satisfying their followers.
now, for those who seek an explanation without counterdictions or a need to 'have faith' to believe dogma, look inward.

the only true religion is the one within you, or me, or him, oops - or her. whether i belong to a recognized religion or not, i am still going to go with my own individual bias. ergo, i am my religion.

i am also the son of god and/or the son of man. please send all your money to the physics forum for distribution to the worthy (i appoint myself treasurer).

peace,

who do i make the check out to? sike!

:P

1. What is a postulate in religion?

A postulate in religion is a statement or belief that is accepted without proof or evidence. It is considered a fundamental truth or assumption that serves as the foundation for a particular religion's beliefs and practices.

2. How does a postulate differ from a theorem in religion?

A postulate and a theorem are both fundamental beliefs in religion, but they differ in that a postulate is accepted without proof while a theorem is a belief that has been proven or supported by evidence.

3. Can a religion exist without an opposing postulate?

Yes, a religion can exist without an opposing postulate. Some religions may have multiple postulates that are not necessarily in opposition to each other, while others may have a single postulate that is considered the ultimate truth and does not have an opposing belief.

4. Are there any religions that do not have a postulate or theorem?

It is difficult to say for certain as beliefs and practices vary among different religions. However, most religions have at least one fundamental belief or principle, whether it is considered a postulate or a theorem.

5. How do postulates and theorems impact religious beliefs and practices?

Postulates and theorems play a significant role in shaping religious beliefs and practices. They serve as the foundation for a religion's teachings, rituals, and values, and can influence how followers interpret and understand their faith.