Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace Where is that paper?

1. Oct 16, 2004 #1

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm searching for the paper:

Moretti G. and M. Abbett. "A Time-Dependent Computational Method for Blunt Body Flows" AIAA J. vol 4, no.12, pp. 2136-2141, December 1966.

Do you know where can I find it?. I have been googling for a lot of time, but I haven't found any website free of fees.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 16, 2004 #2

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In fact, do you know any website where technical (aerospace) papers are available without paying any taxes?

I have visited yet the AIAA, but they need your data and some money for allowing you to chew over their papers...

4. Oct 20, 2004 #3
    No professionnal journals should be avallable for free. You either have to pay or go through your school or company if they are subsribed to it.

5. Oct 20, 2004 #4

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Maybe you're right, but I don't understand why I have to pay for an article 40 years old.

6. Oct 20, 2004 #5

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Does your university's library have that journal purchased? Usually that'll get you access without paying.

7. Oct 20, 2004 #6

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, I just checked. They don't have a full text version available for download.

Is there a specific reason you're looking for a "computational" blunt body method from 40 years ago? Computers weren't exactly super-powerful back then... :tongue2:

8. Oct 20, 2004 #7

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I want some qualitative information. I'm doing a computational simulation of a shock wave capture in a blunt body. Sure the results are out of the state-of-the-art of CFD, but the formulation I'm using is the same as Moretti and Abbett used. So that, any opinion about convergence, stability criterion, artificial viscosity employed by them would be very useful. I'm using Matlab in an usual PC, so that my simulation is similar to those made in that years. Also, I'm using old methods (like MacCormack's algorithm). It is not a revolutionary project, simply I'm trying to get practice in programming. I assure you the solution of a dettached shock by means of the full N-S equations is very difficult to program by oneself, even nowadays.

Thanks for your interest.

PD: If you know any weblink or information about it, besides that paper, please, let me know.

9. Oct 20, 2004 #8
    The papers become archives. They don't lose their value with time and the publishers know this. Old papers are constantly resurfacing. I also work with a few that are 50 years old. Some papers are just that good.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?