Where Did I Find Gokul Last Night? A Physics Forum Search Adventure

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, Gokul sure gets around, I had a question to ask him last night at one in the morning, but I didn't know where he was. I started asking people if they had seen him. I asked one person an hour and each one told me a different forum to look in: General Physics, General engineering, and Homework Help, to name just a few. Can you figure out who I talked to, what time I talked to them and where they told me to look?
tribdog
gokul sure gets around, I had a question to ask him last night at one in the morning, but I didn't know where he was. I started asking people if they had seen him. I asked one person an hour and each one told me a different forum to look in: General Physics, General engineering, and Homework Help, to name just a few. Can you figure out who I talked to, what time I talked to them and where they told me to look?
1. It was not 1am when I spoke to Andromeda and she didn't tell me to look in General Engineering. I was given that advice from someone either immediately before or after Andromeda.
2.I spoke to dextercioby before I was told to check the politics forum but after I had spoken to Astronuc.
3.I was told to check the Chemistry forum before the Homework forum, and homework was already suggested by the time I spoke to franz.
4.The second person I talked to said he had just seen Gokul in the Chemistry Forum.
5.I found out that in Generals it is a bad idea to look for Gokul, because he wasn't in either, Physics or Engineering.
6.I talked to someone who said he saw Gokul in the Politics forum and I talked to marlon, I talked to these two people at 3 and 5 but I can't remember in which order.
7.I was told where Gokul was at 5am and he was there, but by then I had forgotten why I was looking for him in the first place.

Physics news on Phys.org
This is a completely original tribdog puzzle. Hopefully harder than the last, hopefully with only one correct answer.

My answer in white:

1 Astronuc Gen. Physics
2 Dextercioby Chemistry
3 Marlon Homework
4 franz Gen. Engineering
5 Andromeda Politics

At least with tribdog originals, you know nobody else has already posted the brainteaser before. :biggrin:

incorrect answer, close though. but according to clue #6 incorrect.
you are a sex doctor you should have caught this one.

Last edited:
tribdog said:
incorrect answer, close though. but according to clue #6 incorrect.
you are a sex doctor you should have caught this one.

Grr...missed that. Very clever to sneak in a clue with such an easily overlooked word. I'll try again later if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Nevermind, i made a huge mistake.

Last edited:
Why did you not just send Gokul a private mesage? :tongue2:

Took me a while to realize that word, I think it is the one Moonbear is referring to.

Here is my answer:

1am: Astronuc: Gen physics
2am: Dexter: Chemistry
3am: Marlon: Gen Engineering
4am: Andromeda: Homework
5am: Franz: Politics

1, Astro, GP
2, Dex, Chem
3, Marlon, GE
4, Andro, Home
5, Franz, Politics

Am I the weiner?

1. Where is Gokul located?

Gokul is a small town situated in the Mathura district of the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.

2. How do I get to Gokul?

The nearest airport to Gokul is the Agra airport, which is about 90 kilometers away. You can also reach Gokul by train through the Mathura Junction railway station.

3. What is the significance of Gokul?

Gokul is believed to be the birthplace of Lord Krishna and is considered a holy site for Hindus. It is also mentioned in many ancient Hindu scriptures as the place where Lord Krishna spent his childhood.

4. What are some popular attractions in Gokul?

Gokul is home to many temples and shrines dedicated to Lord Krishna, such as the Gokulnath Temple, Raja Thakur Temple, and Gokul Chaurasi Khambha. It is also known for its beautiful natural landscapes and serene surroundings.

5. Is Gokul safe for tourists?

Yes, Gokul is generally considered a safe place for tourists. However, it is always advisable to take necessary precautions and be respectful of the local culture and customs while visiting.