Where there is muck there is money

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Money
In summary, the discussion revolved around the phrase "where there is muck there is money" being untrue. The speaker had a delivery of horse manure and did not find any money, while the vendor made £20 from it. The conversation then shifts to the speaker needing a groat and someone offering to sell four groats, including one with William and Mary. The conversation ends with the speaker mentioning having four sacks of sheep's wool to trade.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
"where there is muck there is money"

Well the one that states, "where there is muck there is money", is untrue, i had
a trailer load of the best horse stuff delivered, and i didn't find a single groat,
well the vendor had £20 so i suppose it worked for him.

Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
"where there is muck there is money"
I've never heard this one. It's counterintuitive.

You need a groat? I got a groat. I got four groats, one with William and Mary even. Make an offer.

Your sure you left no meadow muffin unturned? lol your right the man that delivers its gets all the groats!

Chi Meson said:
You need a groat? I got a groat. I got four groats, one with William and Mary even. Make an offer.

Four sacks of the best sheeps wool, but it depends on condition.

What does the phrase "Where there is muck there is money" mean?

The phrase "Where there is muck there is money" means that there is potential for profit or success in a seemingly undesirable or messy situation.

Where did the phrase originate from?

The phrase "Where there is muck there is money" originated from an old English proverb that dates back to the 14th century. It was often used to describe the lucrative business of scavenging and selling animal manure for fertilizer.

Is the phrase still relevant in modern times?

Yes, the phrase "Where there is muck there is money" is still relevant in modern times. It can be applied to various industries such as waste management, recycling, and even technology. It reminds us to look for opportunities in unexpected places.

What are some examples of industries or businesses where this phrase applies?

Some examples of industries or businesses where the phrase "Where there is muck there is money" applies include composting, biogas production, urban farming, and even cleaning services. These industries may deal with "muck" or waste products, but they can also generate significant profits.

How can this phrase be applied in everyday life?

In everyday life, the phrase "Where there is muck there is money" can be applied by recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities that others may overlook. It encourages us to think outside the box and find value in things that may seem undesirable or unappealing at first glance.