Where to download old 286/386 Dos-based games?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Games
In summary, the conversation involved a discussion about the role of technology in education. The participants shared their thoughts on the benefits and drawbacks of using technology, such as increased accessibility and potential distractions. They also discussed the importance of finding a balance between traditional teaching methods and incorporating technology in the classroom.
Saint
i felt nostalgia about the 1980s old games, where can i get them ?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I would look for abandonware websites

check this out
http://cdos.org/ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How can I find a reliable website to download old 286/386 Dos-based games?

There are several websites that offer free downloads of old 286/386 Dos-based games, such as Abandonia and My Abandonware. These websites have a large collection of games and a reliable verification process to ensure the games are safe to download.

2. Can I still play old 286/386 Dos-based games on modern computers?

Yes, you can still play old 286/386 Dos-based games on modern computers. However, you may need to use a DOS emulator such as DOSBox to run the games. These emulators can be downloaded for free and are available for various operating systems.

3. Are there any legal concerns when downloading old 286/386 Dos-based games?

It is important to note that the copyright for these games may still be valid, even if they are no longer being sold. It is best to check the terms of use on the website where you are downloading the game from to ensure you are not infringing on any copyright laws.

4. Can I find a specific old 286/386 Dos-based game to download?

Yes, most websites that offer old 286/386 Dos-based games have a search function where you can search for a specific game. You can also browse through their collection to find the game you are looking for.

5. Are there any alternatives to downloading old 286/386 Dos-based games?

If you are unable to find a reliable website to download these games, you can also try purchasing them from online marketplaces or auction sites. You may also be able to find physical copies of these games at retro gaming stores or through online resellers.