Where to find a good C++ Compiler?

In summary, the conversation discusses options for obtaining a free C++ compiler. Suggestions include downloading from websites such as bloodshed.net or digitalmars.com, or considering using a Linux platform with compilers like gcc or Watcom. Some participants recommend using specific systems like Mandrake or Fedora Core 4, while others have had success with Bloodshed's Dev-C++ compiler.
OdyOwnage
Didn't see anything under search but does anyone know where I can get a free C++ compiler? thank!

Technology news on Phys.org
Watcom has a nice compiler which runs on a Windows box. gcc is the standard for Linux.

The bloodshed compilers are very good I use them/

if you do not want to move platforms, then use the dev-C++, otherwise, I suggest that you use Linux... Mandrake is a nice easy system to use, as is fedora core 4.

I personally used Bloodshed's Dev-C++ compiler. Worked well for me.

1. Where can I find a good C++ compiler?

There are several options for finding a good C++ compiler, including downloading one from the internet, purchasing a commercial compiler, or using an open-source compiler. Some popular choices include GCC, Clang, and Microsoft Visual C++.

2. What features should I look for in a C++ compiler?

When considering a C++ compiler, it is important to look for features such as compatibility with your operating system, support for the latest C++ standards, debugging tools, and optimization capabilities. Additionally, you may want to consider the cost and licensing options.

3. Are there any free or open-source C++ compilers available?

Yes, there are many free and open-source C++ compilers available, such as GCC, Clang, and MinGW. These compilers are constantly updated and have a large community of users, making them a popular choice for many programmers.

4. Can I use an online compiler for C++ programming?

Yes, there are several online compilers available for C++ programming, such as ideone, repl.it, and CodeChef. These can be convenient for quick coding or for learning purposes, but may have limitations in terms of features and performance.

5. How do I know which C++ compiler is the best for my needs?

The best C++ compiler for your needs will depend on your specific requirements and preferences. It is recommended to research and compare different compilers, read reviews, and consider factors such as compatibility, features, and cost before making a decision.