1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where to find essays by professors?

1. Oct 18, 2004 #1
    Hi i am currently about to write a literary essay on the novel The Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence. For my English class we have to research essays written by others, namely proffesors or people with degrees, which we have same agreements to quote. I am having a problem in finding essays on the internet that are not either you have to pay for, or are written by some random person. I searched two Universities, University of Toronto being one of them, and still had no luck in finding any. Would anyone have a site which actually has University written essays on various classic pieces of literature or am i going to have to actually go to these universities to find one?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 19, 2004 #2
    Why exactly do you need them? Wouldn't the logical thing to do in an english class be to write your own essay?

4. Oct 20, 2004 #3
    I think the same way as you do, i see no point in having to have them since we are suppose to be writing essays of our origonal ideas but my english teacher wants us to find essays by people in university, or schloars of whom we agree with upon an idea of the literature so we can quote them. I don't agree with the system, i just follow it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?