Where to find this wigner's classical paper

In summary, EP Wigner's paper "On Unitary Representations of the Inhomogeneous Lorentz Group" was published in the journal Annals of Mathematics in 1939. It may be difficult to find online, but it is available through PROLA and JSTOR with a paid account. It may also be available in a library, such as one in Beijing.
wenty
EP Wigner'paper:
On Unitary Representations of the Inhomogeneous Lorentz Group

thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
1.Did u fully browse the internet ...?This is a really old article and there are slim chances u find it online.What journal contains it?If it's APS (Phys.Rev.Rev.Mod.Phys.Phys.Rev.Lett),u can use PROLA,but only if u have "account" (either u or your univ.pays money to them).

2.I'm sure in Beijing there must be a library which would have the article.You can ask for a xerox copy.

Daniel.

I'm sure it's this article:

Wigner,E.P.,"On the unitary representations of the inhomogenous Lorentz group",Ann.Math.,40,149-204,1939.

http://www.math.princeton.edu/~annals/issues/issues.html

Daniel.

P.S.Just like PROLA,u have to pay :rolleyes:

EDIT:http://www.jstor.org/journals/0003486x.html

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Where can I find Wigner's classical paper?

Wigner's classical paper, "On the Quantum Correction For Thermodynamic Equilibrium," can be found in the journal Physical Review, volume 40, pages 749-759, published in 1932.

2. Is Wigner's classical paper available online?

Yes, Wigner's classical paper can be accessed online through various databases such as JSTOR or the American Physical Society's website. It may also be available for free on academic websites.

3. Can I find Wigner's classical paper in a library?

Yes, most libraries have physical or digital copies of Wigner's classical paper. You can search for it using the journal title, volume, and page numbers.

4. Is Wigner's classical paper still relevant today?

Yes, Wigner's classical paper is still referenced and studied today as it laid the foundation for understanding the quantum correction for thermodynamic equilibrium. It is considered a significant contribution to quantum mechanics.

5. Can I find a translated version of Wigner's classical paper?

Yes, Wigner's classical paper has been translated into multiple languages, including French, German, and Russian. You can search for the translated version using the title and author's name.