Where Can I Find Tool Sets for Circuit Board Work?

• Thread starter fidel
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sets
In summary, the conversation is about finding a tool set for circuit board work. The person asking the question has already tried digikey but only found discrete stuff. They are looking for suggestions on where to find such sets and someone recommends checking out Jameco, which offers pre-made toolsets for electronics assembly.
fidel
Hi there. I'm looking for a tool set for circuit board work. I tried digikey but only find discrete stuff. Where can I find such sets?

Engineering news on Phys.org
You might want to be a little more specific about what you're looking for.

- Warren

Well, just things like screwdrivers, needle nose pliers, diagonal cutters, wire strippers, wire crimpers, magnifiers, knives...

I doubt you're going to find the appropriate tools in any kind of a set. Everyone has different needs.

- Warren

radioschack. they have some kronus tool sets for like $15/$20

Yeah, find a lot toolsets here. Thank you!

1. Where can I purchase tool sets?

The most common place to purchase tool sets is at a hardware store or home improvement store, such as Home Depot or Lowe's. These stores typically have a wide selection of tool sets to choose from.

2. Are there any online retailers that sell tool sets?

Yes, there are many online retailers that sell tool sets, such as Amazon, Walmart, and Harbor Freight. These retailers often have a larger selection and may offer competitive prices.

3. Can I find tool sets at a discounted price?

Yes, you can often find tool sets on sale or at a discounted price at certain times of the year, such as during holiday sales or end-of-season clearance events. You can also check for coupons or promo codes to use at checkout.

4. Are there any specialty stores that sell tool sets?

Yes, there are specialty stores that sell tool sets for specific industries or hobbies, such as woodworking or automotive repair. These stores may offer more specialized tools and higher quality options.

5. Can I find used tool sets?

Yes, you can often find used tool sets at garage sales, thrift stores, or online marketplaces like eBay or Craigslist. However, be sure to carefully inspect the tools for any damage or wear before purchasing.