Where to get articles about physics

In summary, the best way to understand a theory is to ask the author, but since most of the famous scientists are deceased, the next best option is to read their articles. The conversation also discusses the possibility of finding these articles online, particularly from websites of older journals like Physical Review Letters. However, it is important to keep in mind that as time passes, theories are further developed and explained in simpler terms, making original articles potentially difficult to understand.
eljose79
In fact i think that when you want to understand a theory..the best think is to ask the author of it...however the most normal think is that she/he will be dead...so the only chance for you is to read his/her article...that is my doubt..where could i find the articles of the scientist who made history..einstein,feynmann,dirac and others?..

my request is about a webpage to download copies of the articles of nobel prize winners..in its theoretical aspect.

Physics news on Phys.org
You just need to consult the older journals,

some now have websites. Physical Review Letters now has a website. They have many of the pioneering papers by people like Feynman and Dirac.

Just take into account also that, as time passes and a theory is worked on for some time, people understand it deeper and, usually, find easier ways to explain the basic assumptions involved.

Original articles (especially Einstein's) are of course always great to read, but bear in mind that they were written in the context of a very different stage of development of physics; very different questions were regarded as interesting or relevant, which may render the presentation obscure for someone from a different time.

1. Where can I find articles about physics?

There are several places where you can find articles about physics. Some popular options include academic databases such as JSTOR, Google Scholar, and ScienceDirect. You can also find articles on websites of major scientific journals like Nature and Scientific American. Additionally, many universities and research institutions have their own online repositories of physics articles.

2. Can I access physics articles for free?

Some articles about physics are available for free, but many require a subscription or payment. However, many universities and research institutions have subscriptions to various academic databases and journals that their students and faculty can access for free. You can also try looking for preprint versions of articles on websites like arXiv, which are often available for free.

3. How do I know if an article is credible?

When looking for articles about physics, it is important to consider the credibility of the source. You can check the credentials and affiliations of the author(s) to see if they are experts in the field. You can also look at the journal or website where the article is published and check if it is peer-reviewed. Additionally, reading reviews or citations of the article can give you an idea of its credibility.

4. Are there any specific search engines for physics articles?

While there are no specific search engines solely dedicated to physics articles, there are some search engines that specialize in scientific literature, such as Scopus and Web of Science. These search engines allow you to filter your results by specific subject areas, making it easier to find relevant articles about physics.

5. Can I access older articles about physics?

Yes, many academic databases and journals have archives of older articles, some dating back decades or even centuries. However, access to these older articles may require a subscription or payment. You can also check if your local library has physical copies of older journals that you can access for free.