1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where to go in Kentucky.

1. Sep 16, 2009 #1

Aoi

I am wondering if anyone has any information about the physics departments at the University of Louisville and the University of Kentucky.

I am asking because have to go to college instate, and these two are the largest. Unless someone has info on a gem in this state that I don't know about yet.

Thanks for any help.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2009 #2
    Hey,

I'm from Kentucky, Lexington to be exact. I would much rather attend UK than UofL. UK is more nationally recognized than UofL is and it has a better reputation (and better sports legacy, GO CATS!!) Lexington is lamer than Louisville, but UK is the best bet IMO.

4. Sep 17, 2009 #3
    I am currently a Physics undergraduate at the University of Kentucky and I'm originally from Louisville. The Physics department is better here at UK (from what I could tell by touring and what I've heard from others), though I assume the undergraduate programs are pretty similar. I think the largest difference is probably the college life. Louisville is a much larger city with more exciting things to do, however, the UofL campus is spread out over downtown and doesn't appear to give the same kind of "college community" that I think UK definitely has. Of course, these are just my opinions so you're welcome to take them or leave them. I suggest you check them both out first hand and then decide for yourself!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook