Where to Post Homework Problem on Diff Eq?

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
In summary, Daniel is asking what the other forums are for, and if there are any problems in the forums. Dexter is complaining about someone's typing.
Gale
i'm just sort of curious...

but say i have a homework problem on differential equations... do you want it posted in homework help, or in diff eq?

i'm just not sure i understand what all the forums are meant to be used for is all. and I'm just wondering what the admins or mentors or whatever would prefer. i mean, i know most people just do whatever, and it doesn't matter... but there's different forums for a reason eh?

Physics news on Phys.org
so just... theory? or... erm... what sorts of things would be in the other forums? if there's no problems in the forums.. i dunno... seems odd...

You know,that punctuation of yours is quite annoying.We've got forums for debate and forums for homework.I think it should be clear.

Daniel.

Both,yes both,of you punctuate akwardly... but who really... cares..? you know... :smile:

Gale17 said:
so just... theory? or... erm... what sorts of things would be in the other forums? if there's no problems in the forums.. i dunno... seems odd...

Mathematical points that are meant to stir discussion go in the Mathematics Forums. That is what people who read that section expect to find. If I'm reading the Diff Eq section, and I see "PLZ help w/2nd order DiffEq Q, THX", I am inclined to move it at best, or ignore it at worst, simply because that's not what I entered that Forum for.

More unusual, or non-standard homework problems which the OP thinks might stir the interest of other readers than just those proffering help, would also, I think, be appropriate in the maths sections

Sure, like if the problem itself is interesting. Or if the OP wants to go further than "just the answer", such as asking about a variant of the question or a physical application, or something that would lead to an interesting discussion.

Alrighty, makes sense. i usually post my stuff in homework, but i was just curious cause lots of people don't, and its pretty easy to understand the mistake.

and sorry about my punctuation. i didn't realize it was so horrible.

Use of capital "I" in the word "I" wouldn't hurt, either..:wink:

Oh come on, I think that was perfectly comprehendible.. I really don't see how it can be bothersome. In fact, I think dexter's anti-spacebar typing is much more annoying =P.

Knavish said:
Oh come on, I think that was perfectly comprehendible.. I really don't see how it can be bothersome. In fact, I think dexter's anti-spacebar typing is much more annoying =P.
Of course, since it comes from someone who isn't familiar with the word 'comprehensible'... :rolleyes:

Sorry, I didn't realize you favored that synonym.

Last edited:
Knavish said:
Sorry, I didn't realize you favored that synonym.
I forgot that you're a Yank. :redface:
'Comprehendible' isn't a word in English. Although it did show up in 'Funk & Wagnalls' upon later searching, it is not in the 'Oxford'. :tongue:

What is not in the 'Oxford' is not English, although most in the 'Oxford' isn't English, but ancient and failed neologisms.

1. Where can I find a reliable and professional platform to post my Diff Eq homework problems?

There are several online platforms specifically designed for students to post their Diff Eq homework problems. Some popular options include Math Stack Exchange, Chegg, and Course Hero. These platforms have a large community of experts and fellow students who can provide helpful solutions and explanations for your problems.

2. Is it safe to post my homework problems on an online platform?

As long as you are using a reputable and trustworthy platform, it is generally safe to post your homework problems online. However, it is important to be cautious and not share any personal information or sensitive material on these platforms.

3. How long does it take to get a response to my Diff Eq homework problem?

The response time can vary depending on the platform and the complexity of your problem. Generally, you can expect to receive a response within a few hours to a day. However, it is recommended to post your problems well in advance to allow for ample time for a response.

4. Can I get help with my entire Diff Eq assignment on these platforms?

While these platforms are meant to provide assistance and guidance for homework problems, it is not appropriate to ask for help with an entire assignment. It is important to attempt the problems yourself and only seek help with specific parts or concepts that you are struggling with.

5. Are there any fees associated with posting homework problems on these platforms?

Some platforms may have a membership or subscription fee, while others may offer free services. It is important to check the platform's terms and conditions before posting your homework problems to avoid any unexpected fees. Additionally, it is not recommended to pay for solutions to your homework problems as it goes against academic integrity.