Where were you before you born?

• Thread starter evthis
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of existence before birth and explores the idea of reincarnation. The participants share their beliefs that the mind is eternal and has existed forever, and that the universe has always existed, going through cycles of expansion and contraction. They also discuss the possibility of the mind entering a physical body when it is developed enough to process it. Some also mention past lives and the idea of being reincarnated. Overall, the conversation delves into philosophical and spiritual concepts surrounding the nature of existence.
evthis
Where were you before you born?

Physics news on Phys.org
Same place I always IS.

Plus, I have my consciousness focused within a physical body to enjoy the wonders of a life on earth.

Do we simutaneously exist in all 11 dimensions?? or is there 12?

love&peace,
olde drunk

'heaven was created by your clergy so that they could charge admission'

I was in my mommy's womb. Before I was conceived there wasn't any me, even potentially.

olde_drunk: Yes simulateously in all 11, just as we obviouly live simultaneously in the first three. No 12th has been discovered or AFAIK theorized.

A friend of mine and I have a folk hypothesis that he is the reincarnation of John Lennon. He behaves like him, holds the same views, even looks somewhat like him, and was born several minutes after Lennon was pronounced dead. I was born about a week before that, though, so who knows with me. My guess is I'm the second coming of Christ but no one has bothered to tell me yet.

Moved from General Philosophy. To the original poster: please see the philosophy forum guidelines.

loseyourname said:
A friend of mine and I have a folk hypothesis that he is the reincarnation of John Lennon. He behaves like him, holds the same views, even looks somewhat like him, and was born several minutes after Lennon was pronounced dead.
If he sings and plays guitar, ask him if he needs a manager.

My earliest recollection is as a baby of about 6 months old, before that I have no idea.

selfAdjoint said:
I was in my mommy's womb. Before I was conceived there wasn't any me, even potentially.

olde_drunk: Yes simulateously in all 11, just as we obviouly live simultaneously in the first three. No 12th has been discovered or AFAIK theorized.
Needless to say, your statement begs for a definition of 'me'.

IMHO, I am an eternal spiritual being and chose to be here in this body for this brief period. To think that I would exist (being consciously aware) for such a nano second of the physical universe's history is illogical. Let's not get lost in the academic definition of logic and/or my being egotistical.

It just doesn't make sense. Which, naturally leads to reincarnation. Please understand that most, if not all, prophets and/or wise men have made reincarnation a spiritual tenet. Even christ has his 'unless ye be born again' quote which the church uses politically to control it's laity.

I have said it before and i will say it again, I can not concieve of a time when I didn't exists; ergo I always have. (Pun intended)

love&peace,
olde drunk

So far, I have no idea. I can only go as far back as "time zero".

I was neither here nor there.

I was the faulty condom in the vending machine, the few too many whiskies in her glass, and the crafty glint in the barman's eye.

Last edited:
matthyaouw said:
I was the faulty condom in the vending machine, the few too many whiskies in her glass, and the crafty glint in the barman's eye.
:bugeye:

Wow.

No comment.

I came from hell and to hell I shall return. The early brightness of my life. We walk from brilliant doorways to the limbo of the world.

matthyaouw said:

No way! me too! We must be twins or something

My mom went bowling a fair amount, but other than that, I mostly just hung out around the house.

When little children come to awareness, they have no past. Things have always been the way they are. The child is the oldest person: he is aware of no limits to his memory. He has always existed.

russ_watters said:
My mom went bowling a fair amount, but other than that, I mostly just hung out around the house.

LOL! Apparently I went out to the local ice cream shop a lot for banana splits. :biggrin: Other than that, I don't know, that was stuff that happened before I was born, :tongue2:

I do know that my sister was helping to mow the lawn just before being born (mom was *supposed* to be on bed rest, but decided she was tired of lying around :rolleyes:).

What endless mundane details.

Bartholomew said:
I came from hell and to hell I shall return. The early brightness of my life. We walk from brilliant doorways to the limbo of the world.

How can you return to hell, you're already here.

This is limbo. A walk in a shadowy shifting corridor between two bright, bright doors, of which only memory and expectation persist.

Bartholomew said:
This is limbo. A walk in a shadowy shifting corridor between two bright, bright doors, of which only memory and expectation persist.

No buddy, THIS is hell.

Last time i couldn't tell.

This time, hold time...

gonna be good...and i would...if i knew i was understood...

Ok, no more BNL for me tonight.

hypatia said:
I was neither here nor there.
Are you the hypatia of PF 2?
-------------------------------------------------------

The thread: Where was my physical body? I suppose that some atoms of my nose where perhaps in the the star Vega, and some atoms of my fingers in, say, the star Arcturus

With respect to where was my mind, I think that it has existed forever. I think that the universe hadn't a beginning, and that the Universe existed before the Big bang. I think that the Universe has existed forever, undergoing Big Bangs and Big Crunchs. So whatever is a "mind", it cannot have materialized from the "nothing", at least it makes not sense to me.

I think that this universe is programmed in a way that whenever a structure (a living being) develops a machine able to process "mind" (the machine is the brain), then mind "possess" that brain. So whatever is my mind, it was prepared before the creation of my body to enter in my brain, as it was prepared to enter in other brains, cause I believe that all the minds of all the living creatures of the Universe are linked by some mechanism. That is, I believe that all the minds of all the living creatures pertain to the same unity, and come from the same origin

I don't mind if you call me nuts, I can't find other explanation for the origin of mind

Last edited:
Meteor, your statement makes me think of a consciousness gestalt, wherein the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

whatever we are, we are eternal in the sense that we always were and always will be. lord only knows the nature of our total being.

love&peace,
olde drunk

I was in mexico I think... hmm, do you think that might explain anything about me?

Smurf said:
I was in mexico I think... hmm, do you think that might explain anything about me?
everything about you is small? lol,

I would like some information on the 11 dimensions, THX

loseyourname said:
A friend of mine and I have a folk hypothesis that he is the reincarnation of John Lennon. He behaves like him, holds the same views, even looks somewhat like him, and was born several minutes after Lennon was pronounced dead. I was born about a week before that, though, so who knows with me. My guess is I'm the second coming of Christ but no one has bothered to tell me yet.
If you want to be sure about your friend, wave that nude picture of Yoko in front of him and check for reactions.

I was at the second that I died right before I was born.. I will always be I and "I" cannot be anything but "I" ever. I will exist for the range within time that i existed for, and "I" in that range of time will exist forever in spacetime somewhere

1. Where were you before you were born?

This is a difficult question to answer definitively as it depends on one's beliefs about the nature of existence. Some may believe that we have a spiritual existence before we are born, while others believe that we simply did not exist before our birth.

2. Is there any scientific evidence for a pre-birth existence?

No, there is currently no scientific evidence to support the concept of a pre-birth existence. The idea of a spiritual or metaphysical existence before birth is not something that can be tested or proven through scientific methods.

3. Do some people remember their past lives?

There are some people who claim to have memories of past lives, but these claims have not been scientifically validated. It is possible that these memories are a result of false memories or a psychological phenomenon known as confabulation.

4. What happens to our souls before we are born?

This is a question that comes from a spiritual or religious perspective. Some believe that our souls are waiting in a spiritual realm before we are born, while others believe that our souls are created at the moment of conception.

5. Can we communicate with our pre-birth selves?

There is no scientific evidence to support the idea of communicating with our pre-birth selves. However, some people may believe that they have a connection to their pre-birth selves through meditation or other spiritual practices.