1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where's my $&%@ EGGROLL?

1. Aug 4, 2006 #1
    Where's my $&%@ EGGROLL?!?

OK, I've ordered delivery chinese food from almost every available restaurant within a 5 mile radius of where I work and EVERY TIME I'm missing at least one eggroll. Is it a conspiracy, is it just the way the business works, is the driver taking his tip in snacks....WHAT IS IT!? All I want is enough eggroll to last through my orange chicken or whatever I'm eating that day and ONE just dosen't cut it. I also quit smoking yesterday and have run out of nico-gum.:mad: :mad: :devil:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 4, 2006 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Bad time to quit, unless you're planning to go 'cold turkey'. Good luck with that!

As for the eggroll issue, pizza is only food I've ordered for delievery, so I can't help you there.

I usually just grab something from down the street as I leave work or grab something on the way home. I might call in an order, but I prefer to pick up.

4. Aug 4, 2006 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have your eggroll! MWAHAHAHAHA! :devil: I cut a hole in the bottom of the sack and pulled it right out along with the hot mustard and sweet and sour sauce. mmmm.... delicious...:cool:

5. Aug 4, 2006 #4

wolram

Gold Member

That would well get my goat :grumpy: the time it happened to me i made such a stink about it the owner gave me free prawn cracker on my next order.

6. Aug 4, 2006 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'd call and complain. Maybe they'll at least give you a coupon for your next order. I usually pick up my Chinese take-out, mostly because the places with the best food rarely employed anyone who spoke English well enough to understand them on the phone, so I just placed my order in person where I could circle things on the menu.

Then again, I never order more than one eggroll either...just one fills me up and I barely eat anything else.

7. Aug 4, 2006 #6
    One time I called the Jap place and made an order. I said my name is Cyrus. She said, Ok bob, 15 mins. :confused:

I think I should call and say my name is Chan or ping so they know how to spell it :rofl:

8. Aug 4, 2006 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We'll call you Sum Ting Wong. :wink:

9. Aug 4, 2006 #8
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

10. Aug 4, 2006 #9
    :rofl: :cry:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?