Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where's my $&%@ EGGROLL?

1. Aug 4, 2006 #1
    Where's my $&%@ EGGROLL?!?

OK, I've ordered delivery chinese food from almost every available restaurant within a 5 mile radius of where I work and EVERY TIME I'm missing at least one eggroll. Is it a conspiracy, is it just the way the business works, is the driver taking his tip in snacks....WHAT IS IT!? All I want is enough eggroll to last through my orange chicken or whatever I'm eating that day and ONE just dosen't cut it. I also quit smoking yesterday and have run out of nico-gum.:mad: :mad: :devil:
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 4, 2006 #2

Staff: Mentor

Bad time to quit, unless you're planning to go 'cold turkey'. Good luck with that!

As for the eggroll issue, pizza is only food I've ordered for delievery, so I can't help you there.

I usually just grab something from down the street as I leave work or grab something on the way home. I might call in an order, but I prefer to pick up.
  4. Aug 4, 2006 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have your eggroll! MWAHAHAHAHA! :devil: I cut a hole in the bottom of the sack and pulled it right out along with the hot mustard and sweet and sour sauce. mmmm.... delicious...:cool:
  5. Aug 4, 2006 #4

Gold Member

That would well get my goat :grumpy: the time it happened to me i made such a stink about it the owner gave me free prawn cracker on my next order.
  6. Aug 4, 2006 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'd call and complain. Maybe they'll at least give you a coupon for your next order. I usually pick up my Chinese take-out, mostly because the places with the best food rarely employed anyone who spoke English well enough to understand them on the phone, so I just placed my order in person where I could circle things on the menu.

Then again, I never order more than one eggroll either...just one fills me up and I barely eat anything else.
  7. Aug 4, 2006 #6
    One time I called the Jap place and made an order. I said my name is Cyrus. She said, Ok bob, 15 mins. :confused:

I think I should call and say my name is Chan or ping so they know how to spell it :rofl:
  8. Aug 4, 2006 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We'll call you Sum Ting Wong. :wink:
  9. Aug 4, 2006 #8
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  10. Aug 4, 2006 #9
    :rofl: :cry:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?